Re: CRYENGINE 5.4 PREVIEW dedicated Feedback Thread

Hi ahmad0karami,
Hi I'm sorry for delay , well , done , ( Send Signal Node ) , crashed 5.4 Preview Build 83 / I used one Schematyc Library (for make a signal node publicly) for connection between distance two schematyc Object , please see yellow rectangle in the previous page when , I select "Broadcast To All Object" option Or "Send To Self" option , 5.4 Preview Build 83 Crashed :-(
we reproduced the crash and it was added to our internal bug-database, so a programmer will take a look at the issue.

Thank you for taking the time to give more information regarding the issue. Cheers
CryFel

Hi ahmad0karami,
Hi I'm sorry for delay , well , done , ( Send Signal Node ) , crashed 5.4 Preview Build 83 / I used one Schematyc Library (for make a signal node publicly) for connection between distance two schematyc Object , please see yellow rectangle in the previous page when , I select "Broadcast To All Object" option Or "Send To Self" option , 5.4 Preview Build 83 Crashed :-(
we reproduced the crash and it was added to our internal bug-database, so a programmer will take a look at the issue.

Thank you for taking the time to give more information regarding the issue. Cheers
CryFel
Yes , I know , I saw new window reporter bug , so I send you all bug by this new window reporter bug.
Are you sure , does work new window reporter bug ??
possible does not work , but I will be send new bugs 5.4 Preview Build 83 , if I found in the future

Please make it easy to write code in CryEngine(Schematyc)
Please ADD three features :

01-UI Editor integrated with Schematyc
02-Control Everything with schematyc (Time of Day , Weather System , Physics , AI , UI Game , Image Effect , etc)
03- Build Tool for Windows/Android Platform ( File -> Build Game.exe / Game.apk )

Thank you so much
you (cryengine developers) are the Best ;-)

[Environment Probe/or Shader] - Problem with gloss/probe
    Build: as shipped on github (CRYENGINE_prerelease_5.4.0.98_pc)
    Version Number: 5.4 Preview 2 build 98
    Templates: Blank from engine folder
More closly look at problem with Gloss less than 255 and noise/white spots around materials with "metal" effect that have direct light on them and their behaviour in reflections of other materials with metall effect..
I dont know problem with shader itself or with environment probe, but this is how it look.. gif capture have some other artifacts, but look only on cryengine logo in reflections...
Even Crytek example from docs have this problem, pic included
Image Image Image

Hi, I am having an issue downloading the preview engine from Github, the download never finishes, and after a while after it stops, it says "Network error" but there is nothing wrong with my network, I can download from other sites fine, I'm not sure if it's Githubs issue, or my issue, but I can't seem to find anything that would fix the issue, I haven't been able to download CE 5.4 preview 1 or 2 :(

Hi, I am having an issue downloading the preview engine from Github, the download never finishes, and after a while after it stops, it says "Network error" but there is nothing wrong with my network, I can download from other sites fine, I'm not sure if it's Githubs issue, or my issue, but I can't seem to find anything that would fix the issue, I haven't been able to download CE 5.4 preview 1 or 2 :(
Hey there,
Can you toss us the following info:

What's your ISP?
What country are you trying to access GitHub from?
Is the download interrupted at some point?
If yes, at what %?
How many times did you try to download? Was the result always the same?
A more detailed report helps us to identify the issue better than a simple 'it's not working for me', I hope you understand. It's most likely that the issue is between the user and the server - which is provided by GitHub, but we want to make sure we identify trends and spikes whenever someone isn't able to download the build so we can work with GitHub to resolve this.

Please make sure you tried the following steps:
  • Try a different brwoser
  • Delete Cookies & cache of your standard browser
  • Try a different machine, e.g. your laptop or a friend's PC
  • Try a different connection e.g. download at a friend's house
Your patience and support is appreciated, guys, please keep testing! there are some great bug reports; just don't forget to post by the rules. :)

Cheers,
Nic
CRYENGINE Brand Manager

I'm manning the CRYENGINE stations on Facebook & Twitter as well, so come and say hi!
My personal Twittering may contain nuts.

Get to know me.

[Schematyc] - Character Controller and Physics issues
    Build: as shipped
    Version Number: 5.4.0.108
Info:
-The character falls very slow, tried everything at settings but nothing seems to make it falls at a desired speed.
-The engine isn't recognizing correct when player is on ground or walking, using IsOnGround node to debug shows that oscillate between true and false when player is on ground, also with Air Control Ratio set to 1 to prevents movement while in the air make character move shaking, so that prove the problem isn't in the nodes. Some times there is a bug that Collider shows a bit above the correct position after editing any settings, Strangely it makes "is on ground" and "is walking" check work as expected. To reproduce the problems:
-Set Air Control Ratio to 1
-Add velocity to Character
-Use IsOnGround and IsWalking nodes to debug.

I downloaded Preview 4. I seem to be missing "installengine.bat"

I re-downloaded 2 different times. Still not there. Anything wrong ?

Thanks.
I downloaded Preview 4. I seem to be missing "installengine.bat"
Tan, I ran into the same thing. Not sure why it isn't there but you can workaround the problem by copying InstallEngine.bat from a location under the root and trying again. Like so:

Code: Select all

PS C:\Users\doug\Downloads\CRYENGINE_preview_5.4.0.120_pc> cp .\Tools\CryVersionSelector\Utility\InstallEngine.bat . .\InstallEngine.bat
Sorry about that, we forgot to move the file to the root of the engine. The 5.4 Preview 4 has been updated and the file has been added to the root folder again.