Re: CRYENGINE 5.4 PREVIEW dedicated Feedback Thread

Title: Editor Undo/Redo Shortcut Keys Don't Work
    Build: as shipped
    Version Number: 5.4.0.120, also occurs in 5.4.0.108
Steps to Repro
  1. Open a level in the Editor
  2. Add an object to the scene. For example, select Designer Tool > Shapes > Box and then add a box to the Perspective View.
  3. Press Control+Z. Nothing happens.
Selecting Edit > Undo, however, does work. Redo (Control+Y) exhibits the same problem.

Other assigned keys (Alt+Backspace for Undo and Shift+Alt+Backspace for Redo) also do not work. I verified in Edit > Keyboard Shortcuts... that Control+Z is mapped to Undo and Control+Y is mapped to Redo. I also tried Reset All in Keyboard Shortcuts but that did not fix the problem.

This problem is also reported in https://github.com/CRYTEK/CRYENGINE/issues/236.

I downloaded Preview 4. I seem to be missing "installengine.bat"

I re-downloaded 2 different times. Still not there. Anything wrong ?

Thanks.
I downloaded Preview 4. I seem to be missing "installengine.bat"
Tan, I ran into the same thing. Not sure why it isn't there but you can workaround the problem by copying InstallEngine.bat from a location under the root and trying again. Like so:

Code: Select all

PS C:\Users\doug\Downloads\CRYENGINE_preview_5.4.0.120_pc> cp .\Tools\CryVersionSelector\Utility\InstallEngine.bat . .\InstallEngine.bat
Sorry about that, we forgot to move the file to the root of the engine. The 5.4 Preview 4 has been updated and the file has been added to the root folder again.

In First person template in bullet.h there is method ProcessEvent which catches the collision and Crytek added comment there, that for getting pointer to collider use event.ptr. SEntityEvent has only event, nParam, fParam and vec properties. It doesn't have ptr property. This way I am unable to get collider. Don't know if crytek forgot to create this pointer there or i am doing anything wrong ?

EDIT:
I figured out! There is solution:
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1527&p=6258#p6258
Cryengine tutorial videos on my Youtube channel! Check it out !
https://www.youtube.com/user/MusicForLifePL20

Guys Generating C++ solution works fine in preview 4 but for some reason you still have a problem with generating solution for C#; I'm talking about visual studio 2017, your code build it for vs 2015 by default
unlike C++
hence it doesn't work
A Workaround temporarily by upgrading the GUID in .csproj file
<ProjectTypeGuids>{82b43b9b-a64c-4715-b499-d71e9ca2bd60};{FAE04EC0-301F-11D3-BF4B-00C04F79EFBC}</ProjectTypeGuids>
<ProjectGuid>{D47B0109-7EFE-4A50-8262-15F955E44D77}</ProjectGuid>
in addition to tools version and VisualStudioVersion

Guys Generating C++ solution works fine in preview 4 but for some reason you still have a problem with generating solution for C#; I'm talking about visual studio 2017, your code build it for vs 2015 by default
unlike C++
hence it doesn't work
A Workaround temporarily by upgrading the GUID in .csproj file
<ProjectTypeGuids>{82b43b9b-a64c-4715-b499-d71e9ca2bd60};{FAE04EC0-301F-11D3-BF4B-00C04F79EFBC}</ProjectTypeGuids>
<ProjectGuid>{D47B0109-7EFE-4A50-8262-15F955E44D77}</ProjectGuid>
in addition to tools version and VisualStudioVersion
At the moment we only support Xamarin Studio with the CRYENGINE plugin. You can adjust the .csproj to make it possible to open the solution with Visual Studio, but you will not have debugging support. Proper Visual Studio support is currently being worked on, but an ETA on the release can not be given yet.

Re: Cannot checkout from Marketplace!

Moderation Note: This is build feedback, not marketplace feedback, so this post has been moved to the appropriate topiv. - Nic Just another funny thing. Downloaded 5.3.3 source code, downloaded sdks, ran WAF and it was doing its stuff when suddenly this

Code: Select all

(msvs): source not found: '../EditorCommon/Serialization/QtImpl.h' in 'EditorAnimation' ('d:\\CRYENGINE-release\\Code\\Sandbox\\Plugins\\EditorAnimation\\wscript') Please Press Any Key to Continue
appeared. No VC projs generated.

Why don't you guys make this step straightforward like Epic guys did for UE: Download the source -> run some .bat file (i'm on Win) to download all dependencies, open VS Solution and build the projs you need! Is it really that difficult?

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but there is no way how to figure out what. Crawling through your messy docs? No, thanks!

BTW with source for 5.4 preview WAF won't run at all saying something like "cry_waf has stopped working" (just done the same steps as for 5.3.3). Great work :lol: !

Title: [5.4 Preview Build 83] - Rain Entity and the Snow Entity and Generator Ripple Effect Water Entity
Version Number: Exact version number: 5.4.0 Build 83

RAM : 16GB
GC : Nvidia GTX 760
Hard : 1 TB

Where are the Rain Entity and the Snow Entity???
Where is Generator Ripple Effect Water Entity??

How to make Rain Entity and the Snow Entity and Generator Ripple Effect Water Entity????

Those Entities are GameSDK specific. Will be deprecated soon enough. Water Ripples can easily be created using Particles, same goes for Rain and Snow.

How to make a Water Ripples Entity in CryEngine 5.4 ??
also Rain-Snow , All this thing , you can help me , guide me to make???

C++ Programmer
https://www.youtube.com/AhmadKarami

[Terrain] - Depth blending,Triplanar mapping and Object integration issues
    Build: as shipped
    Version Number:5.4.0.130
- With triplanar materials at the Base of integrated object where are supposed to be X or Y materials it render Z stretched.
Mesh.jpg
Mesh.jpg (61.84 KiB) Viewed 1380 times
- Using depth blending and original diffuse the terrain color paint is visible when camera is close to terrain.
Depth.jpg
Depth.jpg (28.3 KiB) Viewed 1380 times

Title: [5.4 Preview Build 83] - Rain Entity and the Snow Entity and Generator Ripple Effect Water Entity
Version Number: Exact version number: 5.4.0 Build 83

RAM : 16GB
GC : Nvidia GTX 760
Hard : 1 TB

Where are the Rain Entity and the Snow Entity???
Where is Generator Ripple Effect Water Entity??

How to make Rain Entity and the Snow Entity and Generator Ripple Effect Water Entity????

Those Entities are GameSDK specific. Will be deprecated soon enough. Water Ripples can easily be created using Particles, same goes for Rain and Snow.

How to make a Water Ripples Entity in CryEngine 5.4 ??
also Rain-Snow , All this thing , you can help me , guide me to make???

Those are GameSDK specific stuff. In the new Particle Editor, click New, then rightclick in Effects and click on Advanced, there are presets there you can use to builds your particles.