Creating a playable character

Hello everyone,
I am kinda new to Cryengine and I have tried to create a level with it. That was no problem but now I want to play this with my own written code. For that I need a character so I can play the game in the world I created. I saw some videos using the GameSDK but I copied all files from it and didn't create a level with it (I created a whole new project). When I place a spawnpoint and link it in the flowgraph I still can't control a character. And at this point I am stuck. I have no clue how to implement it in the code (I guess I have to do so?). Can anyone help me out?

Re: Creating a playable character

Ok so what kind of character do you want?
The docs show how you can use cryanimation, but you still want to control things like movement either in code or with schematyc. If you are not experienced in c++ then you will want to use schematyc.

The default third person template has a simple character you can basically drop in to your blank project. Though you will need to setup your movement and camera etc yourself as mentioned as the temates use cpp to define these things but is possible using schematyc.

I would tinker with the fps and tps templates and see how it works in the character tools etc. Get an understanding and then try to make or bring in a character to your project.

As a note. It will become much easier to create more complex systems with schematyc in 5.4 as a lot of components are added to the system.

Play with the other templates. Then once 5.4 hits, it should be easy for you to bring the mobius character in.

GL
Uniflare
CRYENGINE Community Coordinator
Here to help the community and social channels grow and thrive.

My personal belongings;
Beginner Guides | My GitHub | Splash Plugin

Re: Creating a playable character

You might have a bit of difficulty with C# atm, afaik they are still implementing major parts of the engine. Although simple games are definitely possible (sidewynder for ex).

You should still be able to bring in the mobius characters and animation sets using the editor, and you can still use schematyc ofc.
But as I said, afaik you cannot fully implement animation in c# such as the gamesdk yet, though, I would like to be corrected :).

I believe 5.4 has progress in this regard but would need an official statement for this.
I know 5.4 has some great schematyc additions that will make it viable for more complex animation control.

You can also use multiple plugins at once, c# and c++. You could technically attach your c# plugin to a c++ plugin. though not really reccommended it is possible to use both c++ and c# at the same time.

Personally? would wait for 5.4, check out the schematyc videos and other animation tutorials (official), and have a very good read of the animation documentation (technical and editor usage) to get a good understanding before trying to add a character.

gl :)
Uniflare
CRYENGINE Community Coordinator
Here to help the community and social channels grow and thrive.

My personal belongings;
Beginner Guides | My GitHub | Splash Plugin