Noone knows the answer? - Exporting level so you can play it with all settings

I just cant figure out how to do that properly. everytime i export it to engine and open the game, all my environment settings seem to be lost. everything is just "dark" with no real lighting etc.

before i launch the gamemode i first generate all Ai and try to safe my environment settings in the environtment editor. --> rightclick on the preset called "prototyping" in my case and click on save as. then i save and rename it as "prototypinglevelbackup". (but i still dont know where i have to save/ put the environment xml file so the programm will except the changes. cause after i clicked on "export to engine" and opened the game, like i said, the lighting settings seem to be gone.

to test which file the program is using i deleted "prototyping" in "envirenmentpresets" folder and in my "prototypinglevelbackup" level folder and replaced it with the renamed "prototypinglevelbackup" xml file.

F:\Spiele\CryEngine\Crytek\gamesdk_5.3\GameSDK\Assets\libs\environmentpresets

F:\Spiele\CryEngine\Crytek\gamesdk_5.3\GameSDK\Assets\levels\prototypinglevelbackup

then i started the editor and the result was the same as in the game launcher.
putting the original "prototyping" xml file in again fixed it again.

so i put this xml file into both folders. "evironmentpresets" and "prototypinglevelbackup" (look above).
but still nothing has changed.

im searching for 2 weeks now. noone can tell me the solution. there is no tutorial on how to export your level to game what so ever.
this forum is my last hope so to say.
need to finish it in 2 weeks for my final semester project.

hope someone can help me HERE? ;/

Re: Noone knows the answer? - Exporting level so you can play it with all settings

i dont think so. if, then only in a cave where the settings are only effecting the probe area.
but the environment settings are gone for the whole level. no fog, no "special lighting" etc...

how can it be im the only one with this problem?
and why is there NO tutorial on how to export your level so you can play it in game launcher? i mean this is the reason why you have started designing the level in the first place.

Re: Noone knows the answer? - Exporting level so you can play it with all settings

Works fine for me in 5.3.3.

From Default Cryengine Launcher Engine and GameSDK Project Sample 5.3.3.

From GameSDK.cryproject -> Launch Editor.
In Editor -> File -> Open -> singleplayer -> woodland
In Woodland Map -> Tools -> Environment Editor.
In Environment Editor -> In left pane Right Click -> Add New..
In File Dialog -> put "prototype" in filename box -> click Add button
In Environment Editor -> In left pane -> Right Click the new file "prototype.xml" -> click Save.
In Environment Editor -> Change settings (I set sun to full red color, set to middle of day).
In Environment Editor -> Click the large Save File Icon (top of environment editor window)
In Editor -> File -> Save
In Editor -> File -> Export to Engine

Now go back to your GameSDK project file -> "Launch Game"
In-Game -> Singleplayer -> Woodland -> Load
You should see your new environment settings. (In my case my whole scene was bright red).
Beginner Guides | My GitHub | Splash Plugin | CMakeLists Gen | C++ Project Templates