Re: How can you make a boat swing from left to the right in sync with the waves underneath?

I would like to thank you for your help but you assume many things that I don’t know yet. For example, where is the RigidBodyComponent.h located and how do you use it in order to put physics to the boat? It will be a lot easier for me and many beginners if you could be a little more analytical. Let’s start with an Entity. Is there an Entity that can help me put physics to the fisherman’s boat? I created a RigidBodyEx entity, I gave it a mass, etc. Then I attached it to the boat but nothing happened. A beginner works with Entities not programming. You tell us look here and there but you don’t tell us how to connect all these in order to put physics to the boat. Maybe my problem is that I use the Sanbox version 3.5.8. In this version I could not find the Physics tool. Is there one or it was added later to CE5? Thank you.

Re: How can you make a boat swing from left to the right in sync with the waves underneath?

I would like to thank you for your help but you assume many things that I don’t know yet. For example, where is the RigidBodyComponent.h located and how do you use it in order to put physics to the boat? It will be a lot easier for me and many beginners if you could be a little more analytical. Let’s start with an Entity. Is there an Entity that can help me put physics to the fisherman’s boat? I created a RigidBodyEx entity, I gave it a mass, etc. Then I attached it to the boat but nothing happened. A beginner works with Entities not programming. You tell us look here and there but you don’t tell us how to connect all these in order to put physics to the boat. Maybe my problem is that I use the Sanbox version 3.5.8. In this version I could not find the Physics tool. Is there one or it was added later to CE5? Thank you.
I suggest using CE5 instead. Rope with boat works pretty well, you can tinker a bit with Rigidbody Entity via sandbox to get starterd. Attach rope and rope should have some params that would pull it.
GorbashGaming - Beginner Tutorials for CE https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIjN10 ... Img/videos

You don't need to do any programming for this. Cryengine ocean already has physics out of the box. Just need to set up your entity as a physics entity and not a brush one and that's all. It's very simple. Which project are you using btw? GameSDK or one of the standard game templates (FPS, TPS etc.)? If you are using GameSDK, you can use RigidbodyEx but nothing will happen until you untick the Resting checkbox in its properties so make sure you do that. If you are using one of the game templates then you can use a Mesh component and then add a Rigidbody component to it and make sure to the Send Collision Signal checkbox is ticked.

Here is a quick video I made in Cryengine 5 it should still work in older versions of the engine:

My Youtube Channel