Integration of SAMPLE_v875.zip into CE 5.3.3

Hello * ,
my question is as the subject of this posting. What steps are necessary to integrate the sample content into CryEngine ?
I like to follow the video tutorials I've found here. But at the very begining I can see that there is no 'white_sand' or 'wet_sand' that I can place on my first island.
So I assume that I have to place the content of 'SAMPLE_v875.zip' into a specific directory, right ?

Can someome please explain or lead me to an already existing tutorial on how to get the ducks in a row ?

Re: Integration of SAMPLE_v875.zip into CE 5.3.3

SAMPLE_v875.zip ?
I can only assume you mean the discontinued package from "http://docs.cryengine.com/display/SDKDO ... ts+Package" for CE3.6.

Assets like these are usually placed in your projects assets folder using the same structure that they provide.
eg "Objects\characters\human\sdk_player\ ..."

YMMV - Since it is an old asset pack, there is bound to be some problems getting them into the engine straight without modification.
For an example layout of assets checkout the GameSDK Sample package and how they arrange the assets in their pak files.

good luck though
if you need moer help we would need more information (engine version your using for a start).
Uniflare
CRYENGINE Technical Community Manager
Here to help the community and social channels grow and thrive.

My personal belongings;
Beginner Guides | My GitHub | Splash Plugin

To change your username you may need to email crytek: contact at cryengine.com
They happily changed my username recently with no issues (Your answerhub username may need changing too).

Regarding the sample files.
You should follow the tutorials, they should explain what assets they are using and how to use them.

There are only a few assets that you would need to move into an assets folder, the rest are just source files for maya and max and audio source files etc.
If you get stuck on a particular tutorials feel free to ask for help, these assets aren't all game ready assets and are designed to be used with specific tutorials. (educational purpose to learn).
Uniflare
CRYENGINE Technical Community Manager
Here to help the community and social channels grow and thrive.

My personal belongings;
Beginner Guides | My GitHub | Splash Plugin

Hello * ,
my question is as the subject of this posting. What steps are necessary to integrate the sample content into CryEngine ?
I like to follow the video tutorials I've found here. But at the very begining I can see that there is no 'white_sand' or 'wet_sand' that I can place on my first island.
So I assume that I have to place the content of 'SAMPLE_v875.zip' into a specific directory, right ?

Can someome please explain or lead me to an already existing tutorial on how to get the ducks in a row ?
I also have the same kind of problem. There are many contents missing in the "SAMPLE_v875.zip" file.

e.g.
  • "textures/sprites/glow/glow.dds"
  • "materials/references/base_colors/black.mtl"
  • "objects/props/misc/3dtext/f.cgf", etc.
^ to name a few.

Please help :)