Multiplayer server in CE 5

Hello,
at the beginning I want to say that I'm not perfectly fluent in English and I have just started with CE at this new version. So I want to help my friend with setting up server for his game. I have read quiet few tutorials and forum post about this. The only problem is (I assume) that it is for CE 3 mostly. (I read tutorials from http://docs.cryengine.com, I opened few posted from the old forum that was cached by google and watch few youtube tutorials.)
What I learned is that there is two .exe files in Crytek\CRYENGINE Launcher\Crytek\CRYENGINE_5.3\bin\win_x64 and that is for the server Game_Server.exe and for the client GameLauncher.exe .
First problem is that when I launch the client there is not the opening screen with Join, Host etc. buttons. There is this example map which is just 12 floating object with some ground and water around it.
So I'm just trying to connect with ; and typing connect ipaddress. I think the example map just changed or I did something wrong here. The next problem is that sometimes when I started the server there is no loaded map so I type "map" and press tab to auto filled it but the whole thing crashed. So I learned I can't press tab just fill the name after map - map example. Sometimes it crashed here also but sometimes it loaded up and when I typed status it said "Server staus: blank name: blank ip: Computersname version: 5.3.2.23 level: example gamerules: Deathmatch players: 0/32. So I assumed that the server is running even thought it is the example map which is probably not multiplayer-supported. So next thing I tried is to log in anyway and my client showed up some errors:
http://imgur.com/QnAuhUf

So I tried to google this error. Somewhere I found something about that my server and client is "logged" in as one account so I can't have it on one computer with one CE account. Or something like that.

Next thing I tried is to export my map from CE or used the one from GAMESDK which says "multiplayer" - Airfield. I can't really makes it work because I don't know how to change my game at the server from the one Crytek\CRYENGINE Launcher\Crytek\CRYENGINE_5.3\gamezero. I only know how to change map. So I tried to copy just levels into gamezero. It showed up when I typed map and pressed tab but when I tried to launch it, it didn't have all of the textures and models and it just showed up loads of errors. (All the GAMESDK textures or models are not in the level "airfield" but at "grandparent" folder which is at Crytek\CRYENGINE Launcher\Crytek\gamesdk_5.3\GameSDK\Assets.

So I want to know if there is problem with me exporting the levels wrongly from the Sanbox mode of airfield. Or is the Airfield not for dedicated servers, or can I make it work with the map example.

Re: Multiplayer server in CE 5

Hi there,

There is a small networking example coming in 5.4 AFAIK, that should help you get networking started by syncing objects across machines.

the GameSDK AFAIK only works on LAN by default.
You will need a programmer to finish the GameSDK networking code AFAIK it is broken by default, especially for internet (non-LAN).
In this regard, it is not recommended to build upon the GameSDK, but to use it as a learning resource for specific things (like networking), to see how it works, and implement your own system.

Either way stick around for 5.4, I think you will be happy with what you can do with schematyc/networking.

thanks
Beginner Guides | GitHub | Splash Plugin | CMake Tool