So im a begginer to cryengine (and game development altogether) and im trying to learn how to make a game on it

is there any really good in depth tutorials that a beginner like me can watch/read and atleast get a starting grip on it.

Also is the tutorials that were made on the c3 still relevant and useful or is c5 just completely different that im better off trying to look at the c5 tutorials (and i plan on using the new sandbox instead of the legacy)

Also any tips on making a game on the cryengine would be nice

Re: So im a begginer to cryengine (and game development altogether) and im trying to learn how to make a game on it

If you're not afraid of programming and just want to start "playing" with some of the code I can highly recommend starting by having a look at the Rolling Ball template. You can select the template when you create a new project in the launcher. For the C# version you can read this documentation to get some information about how it all works. The rolling ball template is a really basic game that shows you how to roll an object around with Physics, and follow it with the camera.

For what concerns the documentation for CE3, it is probably still usable because CE5 is based on CE3. But there is a chance that some parts have been changed of course.

Re: So im a begginer to cryengine (and game development altogether) and im trying to learn how to make a game on it

If you're not afraid of programming and just want to start "playing" with some of the code I can highly recommend starting by having a look at the Rolling Ball template. You can select the template when you create a new project in the launcher. For the C# version you can read this documentation to get some information about how it all works. The rolling ball template is a really basic game that shows you how to roll an object around with Physics, and follow it with the camera.

For what concerns the documentation for CE3, it is probably still usable because CE5 is based on CE3. But there is a chance that some parts have been changed of course.
The problem with your suggestion is that any of the templates or samples still leave the user to hunt and peck and slit their wrists until they have something figured out. It’s often days of two steps forward and three steps back. As the original poster was hoping for, CE5 needs a completely comprehensive and detailed tutorial series that hold a new user’s hand as if walks them through building a number of games that slowly introduce all the concepts and capabilities. There are dozens of tutorials and courses like this for competing engines. Even official courses on Udemy by the company evangelist of a competing engines.

I’m not a complete noob, maybe a beginner or borderline intermediate at this point, and I’d like to make the switch to CE5, but there just aren’t a lot of options to learn it other than jump in the deep end and try to figure it out... hunt and peck and slit your wrists.