Terrain Texture View Distance

Hi everyone. I have a quick newbie question. I have created a 1024 x 1024 meters terrain with a 1024 x 1024 heightmap on it ( since it wasn't allowing me to use a 1k or 2k .pgm heightmap with a 512 x 512 meters terrain- cause I would have chosen the smaller one) . Then I created a simple grass material and flooded the terrain with it . The problem is , when I zoom out to see the whole extent of the island, the far parts of it looks blank ( no texture). I tried to play with ''Detail Layers View Distance Ratio'' slider and adjusting ''e_TerrainDetailMaterialsViewDist'' variables, making them as high as 8192, but I found no success at solving the problem. Is there any other way to fix this?
terrain.jpg
terrain.jpg (382.82 KiB) Viewed 784 times

Re: Terrain Texture View Distance

Hi everyone. I have a quick newbie question. I have created a 1024 x 1024 meters terrain with a 1024 x 1024 heightmap on it ( since it wasn't allowing me to use a 1k or 2k .pgm heightmap with a 512 x 512 meters terrain- cause I would have chosen the smaller one) . Then I created a simple grass material and flooded the terrain with it . The problem is , when I zoom out to see the whole extent of the island, the far parts of it looks blank ( no texture). I tried to play with ''Detail Layers View Distance Ratio'' slider and adjusting ''e_TerrainDetailMaterialsViewDist'' variables, making them as high as 8192, but I found no success at solving the problem. Is there any other way to fix this?

terrain.jpg
Didn't you try to paint the terrain manually?Paint option on terrain painter
Vishwajith Weerasinghe

Re: Terrain Texture View Distance

I would try playing around with the terrain CVars such as these:

Code: Select all

e_TerrainDetailMaterialsViewDistZ
e_TerrainDetailMaterialsViewDistXY
e_TerrainTextureLodRatio
_TerrainLodDistanceRatio
e_TerrainDeformations
e_TerrainOcclusionCullingMaxDist
e_TerrainLodErrorRatio
e_ViewDistRatioDetail
Max them out and see if it makes a difference. (Make sure to keep in mind default values).
Uniflare
CRYENGINE Technical Community Manager
Here to help the community and social channels grow and thrive.

My personal belongings;
Beginner Guides | My GitHub | Splash Plugin