Where to put startscreen.dds after editing the GameSDK main menu gfx file?

Hi there all,

I have been having some trouble with editing the GameSDK standard user interface as I have been wanting to customise it to my simple needs.

I downloaded the .fla files off of the github and exported my changed and edited main menu as a .SWF file and then followed the tutorial using the GFXexporter to create a .GFX file and a .DDS file. I can get the edited .GFX in the right place within the GameData directory UI section but I have no idea where to put/name the DDS file as atm it just says 'replace me' all over the screen which is less than ideal.

I realise its probably just me being an idiot and missing something plainly obvious but if anyone ahs any ideas please let me know because it would honestly make my day :)

Thank you for your time!

Re: Where to put startscreen.dds after editing the GameSDK main menu gfx file?

To test, while you're debugging, just change the file type from ".swf" to ".gfx". Would it be useful? :roll: In the end, if you're satisfied with your work, you might find a way to accomplish it accurately.

Meanwhile, keep in mind that Crytek had used C++ to take full control over the UI that they created with Scaleform. It's also reflected in GameSDK's UI. So, try to catch how the UI system work before creating something accurate for GameSDK.

Re: Where to put startscreen.dds after editing the GameSDK main menu gfx file?

Hi there,

Thank you for your replies.

In the UI textures subfolder, the startscreen dds files are split into many individual numerated parts (startsreen.dds.1, startscreen.dds.2 etc etc). How would I go about turning my single dds into each of these separate parts and is there a way that I can view these dds files in a viewer program as so i can work out what exactly they contain?

I presume they are segregated by screen so the title screen, loading screen, graphics menu etc each have their own dds file but I am unsure how exactly to do this.

Any help would really mean a lot as this is an issue that I have been preserving to try and fix for nearly a year now!

thanks for all your time,

Ben Watki