Substance Painter to Cryengine problem.

Hi all, I am having alot of trouble getting my mesh to look decent in engine after export from Substance painter I have tried exporting from Quixel Suite, Photoshop "Using the Crytiff plug in" and Painter "Using the Cryengine export Preset" . I also contacted Algorithmic support they seemed to have no idea what the problem was and I have been lead here. Alas to no avail I cant seem to get my mesh to look even close to how it does in Painter. Any help is much appreciated! I will post some screen shots I hope this will help you all understand my problem better.
Attachments
UVsInPainter.png
UVsInPainter.png (4.07 MiB) Viewed 181 times
In_Painter.png
In_Painter.png (1.38 MiB) Viewed 181 times
In_Cryengine.png
In_Cryengine.png (6.89 MiB) Viewed 181 times

Re: Substance Painter to Cryengine problem.

in the cryengine picture - there seems to be something missing from the mesh which is light in the painter image - (thin stripes near edge) - you can see the green behind the object - does that maybe cause the burned in effect?

... oh, maybe its just the angle - its cut out in the painter image too it seems ...

So it appears you were right that alot of my problems derived from my spec, smoothness, and diffuse not being set to the correct values however my Diffuse is still very dark after I export it out of painter which makes it look as you might expect dark in the engine "Look at my UVs were the diffuse is lighter then the Diffuse image I just posted" any idea what might be causing this?
Attachments
Screenshot (66).png
Screenshot (66).png (6.65 MiB) Viewed 161 times

Possibly, also you have a smoothness map in the Normal map Alpha Channel right? If so I'm pretty sure the smoothness value has to be 1 for it read correctly.
Another thing you can check out just to rule any issues out, is the Texture's preset in the resource compiler. You can double click the textures in the asset browser and the resource compiler should pop up.
Have you can also re-generated the Environment Probe's cube-map to see if that makes a difference.
If I remember correctly as well, it is that Substance Painter & CryEngine viewport renders do not 100% match each other, so that might be making some differences.
Last edited by just_saiyan on Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.