I've been fiddling around with Cryengine V since about a week ago. I want to do a little project and for that I might need to set-up some custom FlowGraph ndoes. Thus, I cloned and prepped the Cryengine source code from the git repo (the 'release' branch) following this awesome tutorial
but I ran into a couple of issues when compiling/trying to debug the engine. Hopefully someone can shed some light on the situation.
First, I had a compiling error. The projects are set up in a way that errors are treated as warnings (WX compiler flag). So while compiling the SystemInit.cpp in the CrySystem project, there are two warnings for potential division by zero and as such, the compiler treats them as errors and doesn't build the CrySystem project. Trying to run the debugger sometimes gives out a 'GameLauncher' exited with code 1 error and crashes and sometimes puts out an error window saying MemoryManager: Cannot access memory management functions.
Here is the compiling error/warnings:
So I went into the project properties and disable the WX flag (which is not awesome but seemed to be worth a try) and the CrySystem project was successfully built. Trying to run the debugger gives out the exact same 'GameLauncher' exited with code 1 error as before and crashes.
Code: Select all
50>c:\users\nuc\documents\github\cryengine\code\cryengine\crysystem\systeminit.cpp(274): error C2220: warning treated as error - no 'object' file generated 50>c:\users\nuc\documents\github\cryengine\code\cryengine\crysystem\systeminit.cpp(274): warning C4723: potential divide by 0 50>c:\users\nuc\documents\github\cryengine\code\cryengine\crysystem\systeminit.cpp(274): warning C4723: potential divide by 0
In both cases, the full debugger error looks like this:
This looks like some sort of memory allocation error to me, but do correct me if I am wrong. I followed the above mentioned tutorial to the letter and the codein question is the one form GIT ('release' branch) with no alterations of any kind.
Thank you in advance!