Using vorpX?

I'm considering purchasing an Oculus Rift, and I would want to use it in the free SDK (3.58).
vorpX is a utility that allows the Rift to be used with games not designed for VR. It supports all the Crysis versions, so it does work with CE3.
http://www.vorpx.com/
In particular, it would need to work in Sandbox in CTRL-G game mode. I've asked about this on the vorpX forums, but got zero response.

So, has anyone here used vorpX? And does it work in Sandbox?
Many thanks,
Chris

Re: Using vorpX?

Hi lavizh,
Running Oculus Rift/vorpX in the Launcher would be possible, but less than ideal.
Over the years I've used many Launcher versions, but it never works properly for my simulator. For example, the simulator custom Game dll doesn't work in the Launcher. There are also annoying graphics artifacts in the Launcher that do not occur in Sandbox.

Overall, the simulator is best run in Sandbox. There is one nice CEV feature: Sandbox game mode can run in true full screen, I think it was activated by the space bar. Is there any way CE3 Sandbox game mode can be made to run in full screen?

If anyone out there has any experience with vorpX in Cry Engine, please let me know!
Many thanks,
Chris

Hi lavizh,
An update:
I now have the Oculus Rift. Using vorpX, it works well in Sandbox 3 game mode. This means that it does indeed work in my simulator.
It's amazing to sit in the cockpit and naturally turn to look out the side windows. Very good for aerial combat, as I can turn my head to track targets. Without the Rift, target aircraft - which are very agile - will quickly turn and get lost off the edge of the screen. But not any longer!
Because it only shows the 3D view it inherently gives true full screen.
Regards,
Chris

Hi lavizh,
That's good to know!
I'm going to wait for the full 5.4 release, then I'll evaluate it.
I do have one concern. I got a fair bit of the simulator working in 5.0, but I hit a roadblock. It looked like 5.0 was incapable of loading very large numbers of objects into an entity's slots (it works fine in CE3).
This is essential for the autogen system, which is at the heart of the simulator (it automatically populates huge maps with thousands of scenery objects such as trees and buildings).
When 5.4 is released I'll specifically test for this problem. Hopefully it was just an early version problem, but if it persists I would have to abandon CEV, unless there was a solution for it.
Fingers crossed!
Chris