Re: how to connect vr in ce5.4 ?

wont work for me what im doin wrong :(
I use the Oculus Rift and starting via launcher
-Rift is on and ready
-cryplugin.csv directly copied into the project folder (in wich the game exe is)
sys_vr_support=1 set via console command and still says [Error] VR support was enabled, but no VR device was detected
Can we have an detailed Tut for correct setting this up it would be pretty usefull

Hi Guys,

My apologizes, but I am not a programmer just a Cry Engine Newbie and I have problem setting up the Occulus Rift (Touch version).

From the documentation:

3-Install the OculusVR plugin by adding cryplugin.csv to your projects folder
4-Add 'sys_vr_support=1' to your system.cfg or user.cfg file

Can someone be kind enough to show me the exact path where I should copy the "cryplugin.csv" and the path to the system.cfg or user.cfg file? At the moment my project is the CRYENGINE SDK.

Once you tell me the correct path, can I just copy 'sys_vr_support=1' to my system.cfg with the Notepad app? Or do I have to do it with the Engine?

Thank you very much for your help. It is appreciated!

Thegolfer wrote:Hi Guys,

My apologizes, but I am not a programmer just a Cry Engine Newbie and I have problem setting up the Occulus Rift (Touch version).

From the documentation:

3-Install the OculusVR plugin by adding cryplugin.csv to your projects folder
4-Add 'sys_vr_support=1' to your system.cfg or user.cfg file

Can someone be kind enough to show me the exact path where I should copy the "cryplugin.csv" and the path to the system.cfg or user.cfg file? At the moment my project is the CRYENGINE SDK.

Once you tell me the correct path, can I just copy 'sys_vr_support=1' to my system.cfg with the Notepad app? Or do I have to do it with the Engine?

Thank you very much for your help. It is appreciated!

cryplugin.csv: http://docs.cryengine.com/download/attachments/25536699/cryplugin.csv?version=1&modificationDate=1481798928000&api=v2
system.cfg: Crytek\CRYENGINE Launcher\Crytek\CRYENGINE_5.4\system.cfg

You can use notepad to edit the system.cfg file