Slack Management/Networking

Hello!

Let me preface this by saying that, more than likely, I've pissed off a few people by pointing out flaws in their arguments/the fact that they are not helping but instead insulting me.

I don't really get how the slack community of CE can repeatedly tell me to *** off and look at GameSDK (When I already have, and it's a mess, etc. XD) and when I point out that nobody has actually offered concrete help after a week+ of pointless discussion, I get banned.

Not once. Not twice. But about 11-15 times by the glorious Philipp. How? Well I say something like:

Me:
How does `the Hunt` handle networking? I'm interested in that. Have they implemented client-side roll-backs/fast-forwards for server-reconcilation? e.g. re-run 5-10 frames from the last server's snapshot (since it'll always be out of date)

Random Person:
no rollbacks. just prediction

Me:
How can you have prediction without rollbacks? The local state would diverge from the server and make the game unplayable really fast.
And if the server overrides your local state then your guy would be consistently teleporting backwards since you're not fast-forwarding. So that statement makes no sense.

*BANNED*

It's funny because Fusdine just goes around trolling, insulting everyone, etc. but because he's best buds with Philipp he just gets a 'lol' and moves on. To troll. Again. And again.

Every damn time I ask a non-easy question I'm told to bugger off, or given a 'let me google that for you' link. (like for blendspaces, which I still barely understand, there's no documentation for it or videos, but obv I'm the retarded one)When I point out that they're only being insulting and that nobody is giving any info, ESPECIALLY around anything CE network related, they just ban me.

This is when supposedly Philipp has made a multiplayer game etc., I guess it's too much to ask to give out tiny snippets of information instead of redirecting me to the skeleton docs every time.

Cue blah blah blah about how 'dont expect everyone to solve your problems etc.' and so on. As if I haven't had to solve near-everything myself after pointless bickering anyway, just wasted time/energy.

As to CE networking....Networking is hard, not talking about that. What I'm concerned with are some Q's regarding how it's setup in CE (and yes I know you're rewriting it but that doesn't help)
1) When is the NetSerialization step triggered? Is there a specific place where I can do a post/pre-serialization step? Does it happen before or after physics? etc.
2) How do I speed up the game flow to fast-forward from a previous game state? e.g. run X frames of the simulation but only render one (This is how rollback + server reconciliation works)
3) How'd the Hunt do network in CE? It's a good example, anyone know anything about it?
4) Can I serialize selectively? e.g. send more Actor#5 data only to the channel where it's the local actor cuz it needs it for the rollback, while remote actors only need basics such as positions/etc.
According to the docs you need to serialize the same each time...does that apply/channel or everywhere?

Animations:
5) Does anyone have a working sample of Look/Aim-IK poses? The docs are obv useless and there's no real samples out there at this time.
6) How would I jump to a specific time for an animation using mannequin? e.g. run fragment X but start at time Y instead of normal time. Since this is deterministic it should be possible somewhere.
7) How do you pass tags to mannequin-run animations?
Currently I have to force-override by looping over all animations each frame to set the update-skeleton flags so it updates when not in view of the camera. This obv isn't a good solution.

Maybe I'll get a reply here in 2-3 weeks, sure faster than slack by this point.

Re: Slack Management/Networking

Please refrain from using their names here. That channel is UNOFFICIAL and in no way runned by Crytek. I suggest you take his up with the guys on Slack and not use this forum for ranting. If you did something wrong, discuss that with them. As this is mostly related to offtopic discussion on Slack i'll move this to offtopic.

/Moved.

personwithhat2 wrote:Let me preface this by saying that, more than likely, I've pissed off a few people by pointing out flaws in their arguments/the fact that they are not helping but instead insulting me.

No, you've pissed off more than a few people by calling them useless when they tried to help you and it wasn't exactly what you were looking for.

I don't really get how the slack community of CE can repeatedly tell me to *** off and look at GameSDK (When I already have, and it's a mess, etc. XD) and when I point out that nobody has actually offered concrete help after a week+ of pointless discussion, I get banned.

It's not the slack community repeatedly telling you (they all mostly stopped caring about helping you long ago due to the way you spoke). It's just the admin repeatedly telling you. And he's only doing it because you keep creating new accounts after being banned.

It's funny because Fusdine just goes around trolling, insulting everyone, etc. but because he's best buds with Philipp he just gets a 'lol' and moves on. To troll. Again. And again.

Can't recall him ever calling someone ****ing useless before, whereas you on the other hand.....

Every damn time I ask a non-easy question I'm told to bugger off, or given a 'let me google that for you' link. (like for blendspaces, which I still barely understand, there's no documentation for it or videos, but obv I'm the retarded one)When I point out that they're only being insulting and that nobody is giving any info, ESPECIALLY around anything CE network related, they just ban me.

What really happens is that you ask a complex question and get a introductory answer. Instead of taking that introductory answer and doing research on your own to learn how to do what you're interested in, you complain that no one has handed you a line of code that does exactly what you want. You then berate the people taking their own personal time to voluntarily help you to the point where they grow sick of seeing you around.

I've told you this before and it needs to be said again. Don't expect the free help to fix your individual needs. If you want serious help, and you want it right then and there, then pay for it.

Yea.....know what I'll just split off these questions.

You guys are so damn full of yourself. 'Introductory answer' DOES. NOT. INCLUDE. LET-ME-GOOGLE-THAT-FOR-YOU.

That's called being a dick. So is telling me to go to GameSDK. So is telling me 'well the videos have what you want' when they don't.

"You then berate the people taking their own personal time to voluntarily help"

Well, they can sure !@#$ spend hours to argue or insult me but to actually HELP nope.

You've spent more time on this answer than on any question I've asked from you.

I've repeatedly trying being professional, and when I say their answer has not helped I'm not being a dick. I've either tried it already, or what they've given me has wasted no more than 2 seconds of their precious time to tell me to fk off and google it myself.

You guys spend more time preening and saying 'well you arent listening to us' instead of actually, ya know, answering questions. FYI I DO listen/read, just because I don't bow to your copy-paste links doesn't mean that I didn't click on them.

"Can't recall him ever calling someone ****ing useless before, whereas you on the other hand....."

Er, Fusdine has repeatedly trolled every damn time on everything. Not just me. And other people (wow!) have remarked on this. Sorry for pointing out that best-buds with Philipp = ban immunity.

"you complain that no one has handed you a line of code that does exactly what you want. "

I've complained that nobody has even bothered to point to a resource that can help or even bothered trying to help. When asking about networking I've had at least 5 people post me the CE documentation link on it, which DOES NOT answer any of my questions or even START answering them. When I say that's NOT HELPFUL then it isn't, sorry for offending your tiny self esteem.

You know waht's even less helpful? Playing a guessing game. "It starts with A" is a tip I got......or "Just go make your own networking then" as a response to my questions. Genius right?

I'm done arguing about this. I'll copy-paste these Q's.

The people on the other discord have not only been more talkative, but also semi-helpful. They also appreciate the code snippets that I've been sharing, something nobody in slack bothers to do. No damn wonder this community is dead. Especially when none of the engineers can be bothered to answers Q's on the forums.

Edit:
Ya I know it's not the official channel. Just wish there was one and the CE team would be more responsive :\

First of all, you keep denying that people tried to help you. But in fact almost every active slack user who had any idea on your issues DID try to help you, you just didn't accept the help and dismissed every attempt at it. It's not really helping your cause that then you keep telling people didn't try when that's a blatant lie, this only turned into situation where nobody really wanted to help you anymore. But it definitely wasn't the case at the beginning, you just refused to accept the help you got.

For example I personally linked you a page with a code snippet for the very thing you were asking about and you said the page was crap. Later on I gave some other links to relevant things which you dismissed also. I've seen plenty of people helping you, giving you even links to git repos with relevant code.

But, this kind of behavior was only one part of the reason why you got banned (as far as I know). You keep insulting people who try to help you, which doesn't give very positive atmosphere for the discussion group. Also we can tell you haven't really improved your manners over that said Discord group where you told you are helping other users. Let me give few recent direct quotes to demonstrate this:

[7:31 AM] UnknownSniper: snippy code here now
[7:31 AM] Skull Kid: if (Input.KeyDown(KeyId.W))
{
var movement = player.Transform.TransformDirection(new Vector3(0, 1f, 0));
player.Physics.Move(movement* frameTime * 7f);
}
[7:31 AM] UnknownSniper: wtfk
[7:32 AM] UnknownSniper: This is CE?
[7:32 AM] Skull Kid: yep
[7:32 AM] Skull Kid: CE C#
[7:32 AM] UnknownSniper: ah
[7:32 AM] UnknownSniper: Well can't help ya sorry m8
[7:32 AM] UnknownSniper: C++ only here
[7:32 AM] UnknownSniper: bugger off
October 20, 2017
[2:51 AM] UnknownSniper: Welp here ya go: viewtopic.php?f=40&t=4252
[2:51 AM] UnknownSniper: @here
[2:51 AM] UnknownSniper: hope someone knows any of these Q's

First, person comes to Cryengine #programming channel, asking for help on CE C#, which is very relavant to the channel and you tell that person to bugger off (as you only want to discuss c++), then you try to ping the whole group to get someone to answer your own issue.

Then there's an obvious language barrier and you keep mocking the user about it:
[[9:35 PM] UnknownSniper: HELLO
[9:35 PM] UnknownSniper: I JUST TURN VERY LOTS
[9:35 PM] UnknownSniper: I SPEAK LANGUEGEE
[9:35 PM] UnknownSniper: come on >.>
[9:35 PM] UnknownSniper: Hard to tell if you trolling

or question people their age:
[11:11 PM] UnknownSniper: are you 12?
[11:11 PM] UnknownSniper: This is the 3'd time I'm asking this
[11:11 PM] UnknownSniper: Are you sure you aren't like 12 or 16 or something?

While there isn't anything wrong about young people doing gamedev, we all know that wasn't about that.

And finally:
[11:14 PM] UnknownSniper: ok lets see
[11:14 PM] UnknownSniper: You have to start googling shit yourself
[11:14 PM] UnknownSniper: Most of your Q's are stupid things that can be answered via google
[11:14 PM] UnknownSniper: other stuff I did help with

I recall you getting pissed off at others for telling to google things, yet you do that yourself.

Look, I've tried to be neutral about this but I don't want other community members to get wrong impression on the slack group. Slack group is really helpful for most users + we can directly communicate with some Crytek staff members which again most group members value a lot.

Moderation Note: This topic has been locked as it violates the forum rules. The forum is no place to take your slander about community members on this or other channels. If you got yourself banned on the CE Slack, this isn't the place to come and publicly rant about it. Name calling is forbidden here no matter the reason, so consider this a fair warning. Repeatedly violating the rules can lead to being excluded from the forum community.
If you want help with your questions, please focus on the subject matter at hand, chose a simple and on-topic title and post them into the right sub-forums.
- Nic