Re: Future of Cryengine

silver008 wrote:You sir are probably the company owner yourself who delays or doesn't pay the salary to your workers.

Wrong assumption. I am self employed for last 2 years, and during 15 years I have been working and self-employed. And I wish you better never weren't in the situation like I was where you can't provide for your kids and family for months. Then it's motivation, rather then being stuck. So please don't judge people you don't know. That's first.

Whenever I had employees (yes,it happens couple of times, max 5) I paid them out of my pocket - never had an issue with that though. And unfortunately in most of the cases people didn't give a s...t about it.
Business is hard and one day you can be super successful, another you can go under really quickly.

silver008 wrote:Do you imagine how is that when you have to pay for mortgage and your life expenses and provide for your family when your boss says "It's just a temporary issues, you must understand and look into the future".

See above, yes, I was 3 times and in 2 cases I quit my job for that reason after 6 months... and without getting paid and once even... well, I keep my personal life private so I won't go into explaining it to you...

silver008 wrote:Or, I see, you must be supporting the Yerli statement that "Employees should do better with their "tight financial planning"?

No, I don't agree with that at all. Rather opposite I rather condemn such a behaviour - this is bad!

Try to work for 2 or more months without a salary and receive no explanation from your managers, and then teach the other people how should they "shut up and not harm the company image". When people get in such situation that they have no other choice - then it's a company fault, not people's fault.[/quote]
But also I can't understand why people would go and act themselves and choose to complain on public forums instead of going to managers staff and speaking to them. If that fails then there are different ways of dealing with it - official. Saying that I feel sorry for them still don't think it's proper thing to do and they should choose formal way instead and do something rather than waiting and complaining. Also if it happens that at some point I will be able to build bigger company, I will make sure it won't be corporate structure where both sides can't communicate in such important matters.

darmaximus wrote:
Wrong assumption. I am self employed for last 2 years, and during 15 years I have been working and self-employed. And I wish you better never weren't in the situation like I was where you can't provide for your kids and family for months. Then it's motivation, rather then being stuck. So please don't judge people you don't know. That's first.

Sorry, man, I really apologize. I've understood your message in a wrong way. Yeah, of course, the first thing they had to do is the official way. Trade unions, government, they just had to notify them, and that would solve the problem. Of course it is bad when a small company that doesn't even produce games anymore is built up like a totalitarian publisher corporation with no feedback or connection between the employees and the company owners. I would like to hear the company management statement about the salaries and their financial situation. Maybe it's not any more worth dealing with CryEngine if tomorrow or the next week they go bankrupt.

silver008 wrote:
Sorry, man, I really apologize. I've understood your message in a wrong way. Yeah, of course, the first thing they had to do is the official way. Trade unions, government, they just had to notify them, and that would solve the problem. Of course it is bad when a small company that doesn't even produce games anymore is built up like a totalitarian publisher corporation with no feedback or connection between the employees and the company owners. I would like to hear the company management statement about the salaries and their financial situation. Maybe it's not any more worth dealing with CryEngine if tomorrow or the next week they go bankrupt.

No worries :) I guess I could make my initial post clearer. I hope it's resolved by now in professional manner both ways, by Crytek management taking responsibility and talking to their employees and employees handling such situation in proper way. Like I said I can understand problems, but neglect is really bad thing...