CryEngine or UE4?

I've been stressing a lot over which engine to learn. CryEngine seems to have way better natural environment lighting and water, but for a noob like me, Unreal Engine 4 seems to be way easier to learn (and I found someone willing to tutor me on it, which is helping tremendously). I'm keeping both on my system for now.
Do you have a preference? Which engine suits your needs the best?

Re: CryEngine or UE4?

HI
Currently, the cryengine 3.8.6 version is suitable for game development.
Cryengine 5 is still in development and can not compete with the rest (but for now!)
Surely now the UE4 option is right.
But for the big teams, UE4 is better because game development requires a high level of knowledge of UE4.
cryengine 5 is fixing issues for version 3.
It only needs time.
cryengine 5 released to get feedback. Most of the games that are released from cryengine are related to version 3.

HI
Currently, the cryengine 3.8.6 version is suitable for game development.
Cryengine 5 is still in development and can not compete with the rest (but for now!)
Surely now the UE4 option is right.
But for the big teams, UE4 is better because game development requires a high level of knowledge of UE4.
cryengine 5 is fixing issues for version 3.
It only needs time.
cryengine 5 released to get feedback. Most of the games that are released from cryengine are related to version 3.
your informations are totally wrong.

cryengine 3.8.6 is not suitable anymore for game devs since is outdated and not supported from cryengine staff

cryengine 5 it still in development buty every version is a standalone working engine with a lot of new features and it can absolutely compete with any other engine.

i don't enter in the discusion further on wich engine is better UE or cryengine but i just want to correct things

Also pointing out that you cannot license CRYENGINE 3 anymore for obvious reasons.

CRYENGINE 5 is more than good enough for game development. My advice would be to try both CRYENGINE and UE4, then make up your mind after extensive testing.