Re: Prey one and a half hours of gameplay

Its because you seem to cherry pick problems you have with the engine that aren't major in any way and continue to complaine about it.
While completely ignoring the engines rendering perf, realtime gi or vegetation rendering to name a few. Bringing it up over and over again in a hostile will do you no favor.
And if its so important to you, learn hlsl and implement it yourself. Crytek has many far more pressing concerns they need to address atm bevore they come to inconvinient rendering features.

Double posted -

dhomochevsky
Reflections and all othert 'Graphical abilitys' Of the current CE is Very very decent, work with it until new implentations/growth in areas of rendering becomes available in future, Otherwise you run risk doing a broken record. Y o u need let it go, just work with the engine as is, positive motions towards new forum ect Lighten up ! gg.

-Regards
Last edited by calmdev on Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Entropy Games

modsuki wrote:The problem of CE is.

dhomochevsky wrote:2017 year! Crytek say that Cryengine a modern powerful engine. Displays graphics engine but at the level 2006 year. In your excuse "The main gameplay rather than graphics" is appropriate. It's a shame!

Well.. Shame on Both of you Made selfs look Foolish too whole comunity Again and again Put yourselfs in negative light through no fault of yous own.

I hope thats end of Negative threads, mates.

On- behalf Me old member of forum and im sure community . Thats It, we don't want see any more of the negative propaganda,

2 years now, All same Stagnant Agenda - Shed load of members Told you again and again But still continou Post Propaganda poisen to small growing community. Taking advantage of all us, and think Get away with it.? No. NonoNonoNo -
Entropy Games

calmdev wrote:
modsuki wrote:The problem of CE is.

dhomochevsky wrote:2017 year! Crytek say that Cryengine a modern powerful engine. Displays graphics engine but at the level 2006 year. In your excuse "The main gameplay rather than graphics" is appropriate. It's a shame!

Well.. Shame on Both of you Made selfs look Foolish too whole comunity Again and again Put yourselfs in negative light through no fault of yous own.

I hope thats end of Negative threads, mates.

On- behalf Me old member of forum and im sure community . Thats It, we don't want see any more of the negative propaganda,

2 years now, All same Stagnant Agenda - Shed load of members Told you again and again But still continou Post Propaganda poisen to small growing community. Taking advantage of all us, and think Get away with it.? No. NonoNonoNo -

This is a forum! people need to write about the shortcomings of the engine, and this engine, a great many shortcomings. Nobody here throws no negative, just talking about how it is actually. In this case, the game Prey, which looks just awful, obsolete! At the expense of gameplay are not talking, but the graphics part of this game is simply disgusting. If you are in this engine are satisfied, then just shut up!

It's up to the developer of the game on what they implement on features and how the graphics ends up looking. Graphics-wise you can do great things in CE. We have seen many examples of that. Far as i know there wil be console releases of Prey, and when that happens usually the PC version suffers from the same hard optimization choices when dealing with consoles.

Or perhaps it's more important for the developer to focus on gameplay and story than graphics? We all know the drill. Gameplay and Story is king, graphics is just a bonus and comes in third.