Re: Prey one and a half hours of gameplay

calmdev wrote:
dhomochevsky wrote: the engine more disadvantages than advantages. Maybe you do not like it, but it's a fact

If this is Truely how you feel .. Then you should, For sake (making Idea happen..) In the nicest way way possible say this - Go Somewhere Else That Provide You (Mr Special) - With Tech that Does Doo, What you Want it do, Instead telling all of us too shutup?

You are metophorical #Pothole' On the the road..

What is the Road?

The Road is This Forum. [Only part of the road, CE as whole exists on)

It is what the Engine.. Is Nested on..

[As wheels apply in avehicle,, traction + contact to road surface) - If the Surface is not effective for engine to reach potential...

That's where Optimisation, ie [removal of the potholes > permit smooth flow of the Road as Feedback to the Engine.

-Regards

I do not understand your scribbling. Use your Google translator that people could understand you

dhomochevsky wrote:Really I am looking forward to the game! but what kind of outdated graphics in the game is the graphics 2006 year, even if it was all smooth Cryengine 3. Terrible reflection kill the already horrible glossy materials
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtMObleI7XQ
I'm not really sure what you're referring to, since SSR looks as if it's hardly even being used. If they wanted the reflections to be more prominent, they could've done just that whilst retaining quality. The engine's SSR isn't great, but I think you give it far too much flack, because you can actually make it look pretty nice, especially in areas like these.

dhomochevsky wrote:I do not understand your scribbling. Use your Google translator that people could understand you
Feel free to keep up discussion, but please refrain from insulting each other from now on.

adsolution wrote:
dhomochevsky wrote:Really I am looking forward to the game! but what kind of outdated graphics in the game is the graphics 2006 year, even if it was all smooth Cryengine 3. Terrible reflection kill the already horrible glossy materials
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtMObleI7XQ
I'm not really sure what you're referring to, since SSR looks as if it's hardly even being used. If they wanted the reflections to be more prominent, they could've done just that whilst retaining quality. The engine's SSR isn't great, but I think you give it far too much flack, because you can actually make it look pretty nice, especially in areas like these.

dhomochevsky wrote:I do not understand your scribbling. Use your Google translator that people could understand you
Feel free to keep up discussion, but please refrain from insulting each other from now on.

because you can actually make it look pretty nice

It is not possible with such a cut-down, low-quality SSR, do normal gloss materials. Compare reflection, WaterVolume and illum shader.

Cryengine has been used and is still being used on some of the most iconic and graphically impressive games around, i have yet to see the lack of render to texture or even "not perfect SSR" be a problem to them, neither Warhorse Studios, The Chinese Room, Turtle Rock Studios, Arkane Studios making Prey and worked with UE3 and Valve Source Engine before, etc, ditched Cryengine because of that.
They are making a game or made a game on it, perhaps you guys complaining to much should do the same, if you can't solve the limitations your self, work around them or accept them change your game idea a little and move on.