Re: [Free] Simple Boid System

WastedStudio, great work! What license do you plan to use for your system in order to protect the copyright and limit the distribution to the 3rd party (paid version)? Just the legal question, since I also want to publish some work in Marketplace and I just wonder how to protect it and looking for a good advice.

Thanks!

my thread: viewtopic.php?f=55&t=4051
If you download our Asset you can find a license.txt inside the folder.
Assets uploaded to the CRYENGINE marketplace are protected under terms of service for the CRYENGINE marketplace. But as they are pretty vague on some points you can just add your own license additionally to it. We also wrote that down at the end of our description of the asset. Our custom added license is the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0: https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/legalcode

Hope we can help!
WastedStudios Team Account

Visit us on our website, facebook or twitter.
For questions regarding our projects or the company itself message Christian

WastedStudio, great work! What license do you plan to use for your system in order to protect the copyright and limit the distribution to the 3rd party (paid version)? Just the legal question, since I also want to publish some work in Marketplace and I just wonder how to protect it and looking for a good advice.

Thanks!

my thread: viewtopic.php?f=55&t=4051
If you download our Asset you can find a license.txt inside the folder.
Assets uploaded to the CRYENGINE marketplace are protected under terms of service for the CRYENGINE marketplace. But as they are pretty vague on some points you can just add your own license additionally to it. We also wrote that down at the end of our description of the asset. Our custom added license is the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0: https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/legalcode

Hope we can help!
If I understand it right, the license is only required when you want to grant the rights to someone. By default if there's no license, it means that nothing is allowed to do with IP without author's permission (by the law).

There is now an updated version on the marketplace.

Just head over to "My Assets" in the CRYENGINE Launcher and press the update button. We also included a new video on how to install the plugin but that is just to make sure nobody is confused that we are not using 5.5 in the old video. Basically everything just stays the same.

CRYENGINE Marketplace link: https://www.cryengine.com/marketplace/s ... oid-plugin

PS: We actually included another entity that can be found in the boid section of "Create Entity" that is currently not documented as we wanted to get this version, working with 5.5, out on the store as soon as possible. Feel free to play around with it if you can figure out what it does.

PSPS: If you already did anything cool with the plugin we would love to see it. It is very motivating seeing other devs achieving awesome things with tools we have provided.

EDIT: Just noticed, that the YouTube Video isn't embedded in the new marketplace asset. So for now, you can find the video on how to install here:
Managing Director & Founder at WastedStudios

Visit us on our website, facebook or twitter.