Re: CryENGINE Launcher and DLL Error.

Hey playground,

Regarding the error message:
I have a feeling this is a case of a missing DLL. The mentioned DLL file is (afaik) not shipped with the current version of CRYENGINE Launcher.
You can try searching your file system for libeay32.dll (there are most likely some copies), and trying various versions (check file properties, details tab for version) by copy pasting into the Crytek launcher executable folder (default: C:\Program Files (x86)\Crytek\CRYENGINE Launcher\live). If it has unwanted or no visible effects be sure to delete the copied file afterwards.
I am uncertain whether this is the cause of the Initialization failure of your project, though.

Regarding the failed project initialization:
This could be one of several reasons but to name what I would assume to be the most common causes;
1. Firewall (Blocking certain ports or transport protocols?)
2. Active Proxy/Re-routing (You would know if you are using this)
3. Some Anti Virus software (Try disabling protection temporarily)
4. File system permissions (even though you are/run as administrator, incorrect file system permissions can still cause issues)

Failing to find a solution you can try posting your ce-launcher.log file found at "%LOCALAPPDATA%\CRYENGINE_Launcher\ce-launcher.log", maybe there are some clues there.

good luck :)
Uniflare
CRYENGINE Community Coordinator
Here to help the community and social channels grow and thrive.

My personal belongings;
Beginner Guides | My GitHub | Splash Plugin

Hey playground.

There doesn't seem to be any interesting clues in the log unfortunately.
The DLL should actually exist at C:/Users/Fercho/AppData/Local/Temp/nw2936_15663/plugins/libeay32.dll as version 1.0.1g. (1.0.1.7).

I suggest trying the following steps:
1. Uninstall CRYENGINE launcher.
2. Clear your Temp files by running the 'Disk Cleanup' utility provided by windows on the C: drive.
3. Install CRYENGINE Launcher.

About support from Crytek officially, I'm sure they will get back to you as soon as possible. they may just be elongated with reports and might take longer than usual to get back to you.

If the above steps fail, hopefully someone from the launcher team will be able to shed some light on this.
Any more info such as what appears when you try to initialize project or other detailed info can help.

Good luck
Uniflare

My personal belongings;

The thing is, without a way to reproduce the error, some clue as to why your computer is one of the few that are affected by this makes it very difficult to debug.
I admire your passion for CRYENGINE and really hope we can find a way to resolve this.

Can you try making a new Administrator account on the computer?
This should effectively reset and internet security or other user-based settings that may conflict with the Launcher.
To help you in a timely manner I need necessary information to remove possible causes;
1. Please confirm the file C:/Users/Fercho/AppData/Local/Temp/nw2936_15663/plugins/libeay32.dll exists and is version 1.0.1g. (1.0.1.7).
2. Also please confirm you have the latest windows updates including Optional platform updates.
3. Export your policy as a backup and reset policy to default to test. (you can then re-import your policy afterwards).
4. You can try resetting your internet policies. In Internet options, advanced and reset. WARNING; this may affect other accounts on the computer, if you have custom settings here be sure to save them!

As I said what I am doing is trying to narrow down possible causes, it could be almost anything. But the more you try, the less is left that can cause this issue. I hope that makes sense, and I hope you are patient enough to try these things, as I/we cannot reproduce this problem.

Hope this helps and Good luck
Uniflare

My personal belongings;

Fantastic!

There are some very nice assets available on the market place, from Crytek and the community :).
Also many tutorials, depending on what you want to do or specialize in, I recommend viewing some of the "Master Class" videos (CRYENGINE videos are available for free on the official CRYENGINE youtube channel).

I will find a way to notify the crytek staff about your issue, and the solution that fixed your issue! Thanks!

Indeed, you are now free to try out the "GameSDK Sample Project" from the market place if you are looking for the old SDK style level. Be warned though - this level is due to be deprecated in favour of "bite-size" example levels and templates created by Crytek. I truly suggest you have a browse on the market place, it includes many free assets for use in your projects.

If you have any more issues or questions don't hesitate to ask, the community seems always willing and able to help where it can, and the Crytek staff do chime in when time allows :).

Have Fun CryEngineer!
Uniflare

My personal belongings;

This may be due to other programs littering your windows directory or another directory mentioned in your system PATH environment variable with their own copies of libeay32.dll and ssleay32.dll files.

Firstly make sure to use the latest version of the CRYENGINE Launcher.

If you still have issues;

As mentioned by playground1441 the easiest option would be to navigate to CRYENGINE Launcher live plugins directory, located at:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Crytek\CRYENGINE Launcher\live\plugins

Copy the files "libeay32.dll" and "ssleay32.dll" to the parent folder, eg
C:\Program Files (x86)\Crytek\CRYENGINE Launcher\live

--

Alternatively you could try removing these mentioned files from any folder mentioned in your PATH environment variable, for example, the Windows folder on your main drive.

The reason is that in general these folders mentioned in your PATH environment variable are looked at first when an application tries to load dynamic libraries (DLL Files). Since they are the wrong version you will experience issues such as this.
Uniflare

My personal belongings;

Hi,

I got the same problem with error message of libeay32.dll

My solution was to take the libeay32.dll and the ssleay32.dll from \CryEngine\CRYENGINE Launcher\live\plugins
I saw the both files in my Windows Directory so I renamed them with ending .bak and copyed the files from plugins there.

Now the Launcher runs and no error messages ;-)

Cu Thalon