Launcher cannot download engine at all

On multiple computers, during fresh install, selecting "Install Engine" proceeds with download, that seemingly ends successfully (the bar fills up to 100%) only to be followed by "Something went wrong, download failed, please retry". Dozens of retries result in the same thing.

As a result, a new user like me cannot even install the engine at all.

Re: Launcher cannot download engine at all

Hi there,

Can you please try again with the latest version of the engine? We pushed a hotfix for 5.6 just now.

If you continue to have issues downloading the engine please provide us with the following details:
1. Have you had previous CRYENGINE versions installed?
2. What version of windows are you running (including build number)?
3. Provide us (you can do so via direct message) the ce-launcher.log and plugin.log files:
ce-luancher.log: %LOCALAPPDATA%\CRYENGINE_Launcher\ce-launcher.log
plugin.log: C:\ProgramData\GFACE\plugin.log
Uniflare
CRYENGINE Technical Community Manager
Here to help the community and social channels grow and thrive.

My personal belongings;
Beginner Guides | My GitHub | Splash Plugin

Hi there,

Can you please try again with the latest version of the engine? We pushed a hotfix for 5.6 just now.

If you continue to have issues downloading the engine please provide us with the following details:
1. Have you had previous CRYENGINE versions installed?
2. What version of windows are you running (including build number)?
3. Provide us (you can do so via direct message) the ce-launcher.log and plugin.log files:
ce-luancher.log: %LOCALAPPDATA%\CRYENGINE_Launcher\ce-launcher.log
plugin.log: C:\ProgramData\GFACE\plugin.log
1-No this was the first time I'm installed Cryengine. the versions I struggle to download is (5.6)
2.Windows 11 build number (22000.556)
I have same issue;whenever I try to download,three or ten minute later error message appear.The thing is Cryengine versions may download little bit for instance 300mb or 600mb and after stop and giving error message says Failed.
Can I find" Cryengine" download file without Cryengine launcher maybe the problem is occurring from launcher because that type same problem happened other Game engine launchers

Hello!

In the future, please create a new topic when you are experiencing issues, instead of using a very outdated topic. Since this topic was posted, there have been new engine versions released, and a new launcher. The issue might be the same, but the cause might be different :)

As for your issue, it sounds like you have connectivity issues, if the download is cancelling mid way. Without logs, there's no way to know for sure, but you can try disabling your firewall. That is often the cause of download issues. If that works, try adding the Launcher to your whitelist.

If you'd like an engine version that does not require the launcher, we do provide the full source version on our github here: https://github.com/CRYTEK/CRYENGINE

Lastly, if the firewall disabling doesn't fix your launcher issue, please use the report functionality in the Launcher. That will send us the needed files to diagnose your downloading issue.