Zbrush Character - Hanna - High poly - updates soon

Hi I am Vítor.
I am modeler - animator - texturizador - rigger - level design

I am here to show what I'm doing In these Weeks
I hope you enjoy

Soon I am going to make the repology - hair - clothes.
Export and use my character in cryengine.(as main character)
More images in https://www.artstation.com/artwork/V40XZ
Last edited by -vitorribeiro- on Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:50 am, edited 3 times in total.
Attachments
2.jpg
2.jpg (71.46 KiB) Viewed 859 times
1.jpg
1.jpg (70.43 KiB) Viewed 859 times

Re: Zbrush Character - Hanna - High poly - updates soon

-vitorribeiro- wrote:
cry-kane wrote:Nice stuff - looking forward to seeing the retopo and bake. Getting the silhouette in game ready asset is tricky!

So much thanks.
Soon. c: it will have more
Another thing, I will do hair with zbrush fibermesh

As Kane has mentioned using fibermesh will be far too high in polycounts. The best method of doing hair is by using a tube brush in ZBrush or modeling the geo in a 3D application sep like Maya or Blender. Then using alphas to have the hair lay over the head of your model. Keep in mind you would also need to model a hairplate to make up for the lack of a scalp with only hair strands modeled.

cry-kane wrote:Are you intending this to be a game engine ready asset or just a sculpting piece?

I don't think Fibermesh will work well if you want to bring it into engine.

ahm. yes and no.
I will have a nice character in zbrush (for me and for my artstation).
also with fiber mesh. I can create lines. with the lines I can make planes folow the lines. and I will have a lowpoly hair. with uvw - alpha texture.
after the retopology - <-- uv - projection - substance painter (I just have polypaint color (_diff) so I will create normal map from the High poly model and I will add details with Sp, also I will create _gloss and _spec.
after that the hair. I will do the alpha on photoshop.
after that I will do the clothes on zbrush. maybe I will create the base on marvelous.

collinbishop wrote:
-vitorribeiro- wrote:
cry-kane wrote:Nice stuff - looking forward to seeing the retopo and bake. Getting the silhouette in game ready asset is tricky!

So much thanks.
Soon. c: it will have more
Another thing, I will do hair with zbrush fibermesh

As Kane has mentioned using fibermesh will be far too high in polycounts. The best method of doing hair is by using a tube brush in ZBrush or modeling the geo in a 3D application sep like Maya or Blender. Then using alphas to have the hair lay over the head of your model. Keep in mind you would also need to model a hairplate to make up for the lack of a scalp with only hair strands modeled.

yes, also I can create lines from fiber mesh. from lines I can create planes. (I can make the plane follow
the lines) "example of my way "https://www.artstation.com/artwork/YqQOX"
yes this hair is not too good. the model is not good - also the texture is not too good. but. I did this in 15 - 25 minutes. also the "old" me did this. now I have better skills.

cry-kane wrote:Looks cool man but 25000 polys for hair is still overkill! Might work as a cinematic asset in a very specific situation, but for a game ready character model, optimization whilst retaining fidelity is key.

Looking forward to the progress :D

I think you still do not understand, my friend. Of course you will have optimazação.
I with fiber mesh I will have all the lines for my hair.

Inside Maya or 3dsmax I'm going to make planes from lines. I'm going to have a low poly hair in 3ds max. Already with uv
And I've done it before. But this time I'm going to work harder.

cry-kane wrote:Looks cool man but 25000 polys for hair is still overkill! Might work as a cinematic asset in a very specific situation, but for a game ready character model, optimization whilst retaining fidelity is key.

Looking forward to the progress :D

A small example.
The model is bad. But to understand that the planes are in the same place as the lines. Making plans to follow lines is easy.
also the model is a bit bad. base I did in 5 minutes .-. so.. I did not make the right setup for that
Https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__uof9W ... e=youtu.be