Important update about the CRYENGINE.com Showcase Gallery

Hey guys!

Many of you remember and have frequently used our Showcase Gallery section on CRYENGINE.com.

Last month, we had to take the gallery offline due to an error in our back-end and back-up system. Unfortunately, this error caused the loss of some of the archived images on our gallery space. We recovered about 80% of the hosted data and brought the gallery back online. We are still in the process of recovering some of the images, so keep checking back.

As the gallery is tied to our old forum, it has been brought back online as part of the Community Archive and is now read only. You can check it out, here - but you can't upload new pictures at the moment.

While it was our intention to provide a new gallery with the new forum, this efforts have not been concluded, yet. We are looking forward to bringing you a better, more intuitive and up-to-date option to host your images and showcase your CRYENGINE projects in the near future, but for the time being, we have to ask you to host your images off-site when sharing them on the forum.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused! Please feel free to let us know what you expect from a showcase gallery these days in the meanwhile so we can gather your feedback and take it into consideration when working on alternatives.

-The CRYENGINE Team

Re: Important update about the CRYENGINE.com Showcase Gallery

darmaximus wrote:It's good news. Got a question though - how would I submit new photos? Can't see submit / add option/button anywhere.

That's not possible at the moment, unfortunately. The Gallery is just an archive right now and we're working on getting you a better solution. We'll keep you in the loop. For the time being, we'd ask you to kindly store your images on a third party site like artstation or imgur and link them in your topics.
Nic
CRYENGINE Community Manager

I'm manning the CRYENGINE stations on Facebook & Twitter as well, so come and say hi!
My personal Twittering may contain nuts.

Get to know me.

cry-nic wrote:
darmaximus wrote:It's good news. Got a question though - how would I submit new photos? Can't see submit / add option/button anywhere.

That's not possible at the moment, unfortunately. The Gallery is just an archive right now and we're working on getting you a better solution. We'll keep you in the loop. For the time being, we'd ask you to kindly store your images on a third party site like artstation or imgur and link them in your topics.

Thanks for reply... it's good to hear that you're working on something better. No worries with gallery - just was wondering. I will publish it on my own site, once level is mostly ready. Just thought it would be good to share with others on Cryengine, as it may be beneficial for both Cryengine and users - as people will have more ideas what can be achieved with CRYENGINE.
Artstation seems to be good recomendation, thanks. Will definitely set up account there.

From web dev perspective I'd suggest taking care of logon issues as well, likes and redirections issues, marketplace ordering, etc. From personal experience I can tell some folks may be put off by that. So I guess it'd be good idea to resolve this.

Thanks for your input, darmaximus. We are actively working on resolving marketplace- and other issues from here on out; but it's an ongoing process with no ETA so far. We appreciate your feedback and ongoing support in the matter. If you have more detailed feedback to share about our other services, please feel free to browse the Marketplace and Website forum.
Nic
CRYENGINE Community Manager

I'm manning the CRYENGINE stations on Facebook & Twitter as well, so come and say hi!
My personal Twittering may contain nuts.

Get to know me.