The Land of Pain [ FREE DEMO AVAILABLE! ]

Hi everyone, I want to show you the game I'm working on: The Land of Pain.
The idea for The Land of Pain was born towards the half of 2014. I started to write the story and in November I began the development. I have always been fascinated by mysterious games with horror background, on Lovecraftian base; especially those characterised by a good narrative part.

Free DEMO available for everyone here at IndieDB:

http://www.indiedb.com/games/the-land-o ... n-demo-v10

About the Game
The Land of Pain is: an adventure/horror game focused on story, investigation and atmosphere.

The main objectives are:

- Discover
- Investigate
- Survive

Story
Something disturbing appears in the woods. What can it be? You find yourself in a creepy and unknown place where something terrible happened. Dead bodies, blood, and people who died horribly. Who or what could have done all that? You will have to learn to survive as you face mysterious and disturbing events in a Lovecraftian atmosphere.

Gameplay
The main questions will be: Why are you in that place? What place is that? What is pursuing you? All these aspects will be gradually solved, both by the protagonist's descriptions and by the notes that will be found around.
The player will have to pick up objects and use them to solve the puzzles and to proceed with the story. You will have to explore, hoping to find someone who can give you some help.
You will have to be very careful, hiding yourself and trying to survive from threats.
In the Land of Pain you are unarmed and defenceless. The only way to survive is to run as fast as you can and exploit the environment to hide.
To maximize the immersion, the player will be able to examine many objects in the game: interacting with one object will make a protagonist's description appear.
The interface is planned to be less invasive as possible. The objects collected will be shown at the bottom right of the screen.

Photogrammetry
In The Land of Pain I'm using the Photgrammetry technique. There will be many objects created with this technology, even big assets like entire houses.
Here is a screenshot of a model:
Potogrammetry2.jpg
Potogrammetry2.jpg (30.18 KiB) Viewed 298 times

Add The Land of Pain on your wishlist here on STEAM:
THE LAND OF PAIN ON STEAM

Official Website:
http://www.thelandofpain.com

Facebook and Twitter:
FACEBOOK
TWITTER

Interviews and articles:
CRYENGINE INTERVIEW 1
CRYENGINE INTERVIEW 2
NERDHUB INTERVIEW
FOREST-GAME.DE INTERVIEW ( IN GERMAN )
MULTIPLATER.IT INTERVIEW ( IN ITALIAN )

Videos:

Screenshots:

Re: The Land of Pain [ FREE DEMO AVAILABLE! ]

Very cool project, indeed! I am looking forward to seeing more. The use of Photogrammetry is especially interesting to me and the results are really intriguing. It's a good method especially for single-devs who need to cut down on workload for models and assets in general. Very well done!
CRYENGINE Community Manager

I'm manning the CRYENGINE stations on Facebook & Twitter as well, so come and say hi!
My personal Twittering may contain nuts.

Get to know me.