Re: The PIT - My Game Project

This is the opening scene (or at least the basic idea) - you (Zam) and your package (Nuke) are deployed on the outer ring of the pit; there will be some dialog of course and, in addition to that, the pilot is explaining to Zam (using only signs and a tablet) that he has a personal interest in being there - his brother is down in the compound. At some point along the story Zam and Pete will meet and help each other.

Adrian Nen
visual artist
https://www.artstation.com/adriannen

The Big Crane

Almost finished but meanwhile I'm somehow stuck - the hook has alot of shaking and trembling when ascending, and that's because of the damper used to stabilise it (without the damper there are shakings and tremblings while descending, plus large oscilations which last forever and thus make the hoist unusable); if anyone has a solution I'm all ears !

In game things will look something like this: first you have to activate the crane; then go to the cabin where the option for manual control becomes available; the problem is that you don't have direct visibility for what's under the hook and the monitors are out of order, so you'll have to activate manual control and detach the controllers, which are kind of mechanical devices attacheable to your forearms, then leave the cabin and look for a spot with good visibility (cranes' top platform, legs or other platforms, hook platform or even the target).

Adrian Nen
visual artist

Thank you Johan26. I'm trying to, the main problem is that CE doesn't have stable, bug-free versions; wherever you're looking into, whatever you're trying to accomplish, sooner or later you'll find bugs, which are making the whole process if not impossible, at least very hard and difficult. Looking for alternate solutions or fixes is taking a few times the normal development time.
Adrian Nen
visual artist

Hi gigilulu,

Indeed the project is looking very good!
Regarding the bugs, please make sure to let us know about these issues on the GitHub Issues page.
If you still have problems, be sure to ask here or on the Discord and we can try to help you find a solution.
Uniflare
CRYENGINE Technical Community Manager
Here to help the community and social channels grow and thrive.

My personal belongings;
Beginner Guides | My GitHub | Splash Plugin

Thank you Flare.

About the bugs, I'm not very sure how effective my reports would be as I'm not using the last version (stcked to 5.3); secondly, the most annoyng thing is the re-occuring of bugs already announced as fixed (what is understandable for new features is not for basic functionality and such), and a short tour in the forums at any time shows that this still happens; so, there should be stable, reliable, bug-free versions, because you have a great product there (CE) but some of the details are making it very hard to sell - just think of a Rolls-Royce or a Mercedes with the seats not-adjustable, with no AC system, no heating, with a fuzzy windshield, with cracked plastic parts and all kind of small, but somehow not minor, problems. People won't buy it !

Also, some of the problems I encountered were already mentioned here:

"Now, beside other problems which I couldn't find a solution for yet (detailed in the next paragraphs), while capturing the images for this movie I noticed that some of the assets which are controlled via flow graph do not perform their usual behaviour but do strange things or even have a random behaviour; is this something normal ? (examples: triggers not working or activated by objects they can't possibly intersect with). Could it be a side effect of the frame rate drop (from over 70 fps to 12 or such) ? I'm using 5.3."

Couldn't figure out for a very long time what was really happening here; til I made this simple test:

viewtopic.php?f=40&t=11199&hilit=parent+child+movement

"problem 2: the newly created vehicles, even if their xml file is almost an accurate copy of the existing ones (shipped with the sdk), show up only a simplified version of the properties the others have and, even more important - do not respond to flownodes which work for the others (ie: vehicle follow path node); what am I missing ?"

Didn't find a solution yet; also, alot of FG nodes for vehicles (provided with the sdk) not working.

"problem 3: glass - breakable (vehicles tut http://docs.cryengine.com/display/SDKDO ... icle+Setup)

"Breakable Windows
To make a window breakable, it has to be a solid object, not a plane. The surface type has to be mat_glass_vehicle in the Editor's material settings. Also, it has to be physicalized in your 3D package.

Couldn't find the mat_glass_vehicle in the surface types.

problem 4: in vehicle (custom) fp camera for the driver - couldn't edit the offset position in the xml, I mean I modified the xml but with no effect in the editor; also, the head doesn't seem to rotate w the camera (if I rotate the camera I can see my nose and the cheek shields of the helmet.

problem 5: I've got noticeable deformations for the exported brushes - rooms or halls which are in the range of tens of meters do not fit with each other."

I don't know when this problem started to occur, it may be related to the unit system setup; I'm using a simple solution - just build my assets 100 times bigger and after importing in CE scale them down to 1%.
Adrian Nen
visual artist