Re: CryEngine Mod Support

From CryEngine EULA:

1.4. "CryEngine Tools": the editors and other tools included in the CryEngine that may be used to develop products based on the CryEngine.

2.4. Restrictions on Use: Crytek reserves all rights not expressively granted in this Agreement. Without limitation, Licensee shall not:
- distribute, sublicense or exploit in any other form:
- the CryEngine Tools;

So that's it - if you want to make and distribute ModSDK for your game you must make sure that it cannot be used to develop anything based on CryEngine :)

Re: CryEngine Mod Support

Hey there,

if you are thinking about making a game with mod support and if you feel like you need to distribute the Sandbox or other tools, need Sandbox source code or other secondary licenses for middleware etc, this won't be possible under Pay-What-You-Want-License. You would have to write to contact[at]cryengine.com and ask for a quote, explain your situation and get in touch with our support- and licensing team. They can help you and discuss options for an amended license offer that suits your budget.

Cheers,
Nic
CRYENGINE Community Developer

I'm manning the CRYENGINE stations on Facebook & Twitter as well, so come and say hi!
My personal Twittering may contain nuts.

Get to know me.