First and third person unification

So I was watching an interview of Sean Tracy in which he said that Crytek tried to unify First and Third person character animations for Crysis 2, Crysis 3 but always failed. And an employee at CIG solved this in one line of code.

So are there any long or short term plans internally to unify or try to unify FPS and TPS animations? :D
Last edited by hapyarb on Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: First and third person unification

So I was watching an interview of Sean Tracy in which he told that Crytek tried to unify the first and third person character animations for Crysis,Crysis 2 and 3 but failed. And an employee at CIG solved this in one line of code

So is Crytek going try to unify the animation system again or not??
I highly doubt this given exaggerations are done in 1P to make it more dynamic. Also in theory an entire class in C++ could be one line of code since it ignores white space. So in going with that logic than maybe they deleted all the white space of an original 3000 line file to make it minified.

Re: First and third person unification

I think it takes more than just one line of code to unify this though... Maybe someone can shed some lights on this.

I highly doubt this given exaggerations are done in 1P to make it more dynamic. Also in theory an entire class in C++ could be one line of code since it ignores white space. So in going with that logic than maybe they deleted all the white space of an original 3000 line file to make it minified.

https://youtu.be/hSzfObdJGSs?t=17m34s

Well you should take a look at this ;)
Last edited by hapyarb on Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.