So how well does the FPS template's camera play with characters that have large noses/snouts?

This has been bothering me a lot and i'd like to know, as this engine is the one i'd like to use to make my game. The problem is that CryEngine, like an alarming number of engines these days doesn't support viewmodels by default (as seen in Quake, Overwatch (???), Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, etc.) and or even a way to hide certain models for certain views. Although I could be wrong, as Prey and Evolve seem to use Viewmodels and use CryEngine. If that's the case, I'd be very interested in a tutorial on how to do so.

Re: So how well does the FPS template's camera play with characters that have large noses/snouts?

The FPS template does not have a head. That is how it works with big noses xD.

Prey i believe used synched first and third person viewmodels meaning the animations and models look the same, but it is very hard to get that way without serious planning and some technical know how.
Like for instance, you cannot just "crop" the head like in the FPS template.. You can see the where the head is supposed to be on the model.. looks nasty. You could prevent the player looking that far or move the camera out "in front" of the model like some games to cheat the effect.

It's not easy. if you're new, pick one first or third person. It will be much easier for your first game.
Uniflare
CRYENGINE Technical Community Manager
Here to help the community and social channels grow and thrive.

My personal belongings;
Beginner Guides | My GitHub | Splash Plugin