Re: State of Cryengine 5.5

The bad side is documentation and small community I think.
I can't say that Unreal's community is bigger than this. Because I did not use it enough to ask something.
But, the documentation, it's the worst, that's for sure. However, I'm waiting for new documentation. I hope it'll be better.
I would say that, despite this, the UE4 and Unity3d communities are really active on both the "internal" forum and the external (known) sites like their subreddit.

The CE's documentation has improved a lot over the year, to be honest, but they "should" need some online courses(from Academia e.g.) that would greatly improve everything for the new arrival(and not only)

We need more C# tutorials covering navmesh , Cover Surface, why using flowgraphs ? they are something to not use for a very populated and intensive game.
Also it's disappointing there is no Blender , Houdini or Modo tutorials about importing fbx characters.
There is a long road before CryEngine gets complete about C# and usable outside of C++.

And when the long-awaited update came out, we can enjoy new features and capabilities! I'm also very glad that Schematyc got a good change! But!
Why, with this release you do not update the documentation for Schematyc, do not provide new training materials? At least elementary simple examples of the use of new components? We need it!
Developer from Russia. Lessons on Schematic and more: https://www.youtube.com/c/PODOBI4

Is there any GDC stream coming for the state of Cryengine ? Would be nice to hear about the new features and what is coming in general ....
I see nothing in the youtube channel of CryEngine Team :-(
the community manager of Hunt said in a previous stream that they are planning a stream. dunno if this week or next.

Is there any GDC stream coming for the state of Cryengine ? Would be nice to hear about the new features and what is coming in general ....
I see nothing in the youtube channel of CryEngine Team :-(
the community manager of Hunt said in a previous stream that they are planning a stream. dunno if this week or next.