Re: State of Cryengine 5.5

GDC runs from 19-23rd of March. As Crytek previously promised, we'll probably see a Preview build before Monday the 19th. Which again means the build will be out before or on Thursday since they won't release it on a friday (for obvious reasons). So with my reasoning, we'll see a build between the 12th and the 15th. Since the upcoming week is the only logical week to release it if they wan't to make it in time before GDC starts.

So there :)

Again, this is not confirmed :)

Any idea if they are going to add the the capability of Schematyc in 5.5 or not until 5.6? Correct me if im wrong but at the moment it is useless for anything other than a light or partial emitter, also will there be something like GameTokens to be used to store values?

GDC runs from 19-23rd of March. As Crytek previously promised, we'll probably see a Preview build before Monday the 19th. Which again means the build will be out before or on Thursday since they won't release it on a friday (for obvious reasons). So with my reasoning, we'll see a build between the 12th and the 15th. Since the upcoming week is the only logical week to release it if they wan't to make it in time before GDC starts.

So there :)

Again, this is not confirmed :)

That is a shame that more schematyc beta wont be released, 5.4 Schematyc was release for feedback and testing purposes, In my opinion its not really enough to give any feed back besides its useless and poorly visually designed, does not matter what they claim ill Ive seen is empty promises and blown smoke.

they should start a beta tester program for those interested in a more direct feedback and testing environment, that gives access to what there dev's are up to.
ive seen screen shots of more schematyc functionally, so it exists, and should be able to be accessed by some sort of beta program.

Probably only fixes for 5.5. Schematyc MK2 comes with CRYENGINE 5.6. That's where you'll see major changes.

The bad side is documentation and small community i think.
I can't say that Unreal's community is bigger than this. Because i did not use it enough to ask something.
But, the documentation, it's the worst, that's for sure. However, i'm waiting for new documentation. I hope it'll be better.
But beside that, we've got examples. Like Crysis series. They're made in Cryengine and they contain too many functions which nowdays' games use as well. But, i should mention that, Crysis 3 were able to use some tools like behavior tree editor, material editor works properly and some tools more that were not depreciated. And of course a group of people who were able to use and edit these had a big role there.