Why To use CryEngine??

Hey guys. I'm a Unity and Unreal user. I'm using Unity for mobile projects and I was using Unreal for real time rendering and pc games... I saw that CryEngine has more features than Unreal, and all CE projects looks better (imo)... What are the real advantages of CE over Unreal??? I don't see many games made with it other than FPS, why??.... I used it once, and it looked extremely not user friendly... I know that the engine itself don't create anything, but I'm don't like how things work in Unreal. I want to try a new engine, and one that I can to code in C#...

Thanks and looking forward for the comments...

:)

Re: Why To use CryEngine??

I'm a new user, but here's is my thought
What are the real advantages of CE over Unreal???
To me, it's the pay-what-you-want model, I like freedom.
I don't see many games made with it other than FPS, why??
It's just because the developer want to make First person shooter, you can find a game in third person like: Ryse son of Rome. But I guess CryEngine draw more attention of FPS game developers because the graphic of the Engine is so beautiful. Now you can easily create a third person game with CryEngine third person template project.
I used it once, and it looked extremely not user friendly...
Agree, but I see that Crytek is putting a lot of effort to improve the user friendly. I believe soon CryEngine will be easier to use.
I know that the engine itself don't create anything, but I'm don't like how things work in Unreal. I want to try a new engine, and one that I can to code in C#...
C# is in an early stage of development imo, but go for it, you'll have to try it for yourself.
Small tips
How to add an image to a forum post
[C++] How to smoothly turn your character

To be honest, if you want to make a game by yourself and are not a strong programmer, I would not use CryEngine. I hate to say it because I do like the engine, but I think Unreal and Unity are better choices for most people.

I think CryEngine's biggest strength is in how quickly it is to create graphically beautiful scenes. You have an already built in time of day editor, volumetric fog & clouds, terrain blending and more features that in Unity, you would have to either built yourself or buy from the asset store. I believe Unreal has a bit more of those features already built in (I think they added volumetric fog in 4.17?). I don't have nearly as much experience in Unreal or Unity though, although I plan on using Unreal more once I'm done with my project in CryEngine.

Beyond that, I don't think CryEngine can match the general ease of use of Unity and Unreal. For example, you can build an executable of your project with a click of a button in either engines. You can quickly create C++ classes or blueprints derived from C++ classes in Unreal. The communities are also much larger so it's easier to find a solution to any problems you might have within them. And tutorials. It is extremely hard to find any good programming tutorials for CryEngine. I know there are a few community members who have put out some , Neverfollow and fury, and their contributions are valuable and I do appreciate their efforts, having watched some of their videos. But there are so many high quality, easy to find, and well produced programming tutorials for Unreal, and probably for Unity. The ones I've got were paid though, but well worth it.

The documentation for Unreal and Unity are also much better in my experience. The current state of the cryengine docs is poor, especially for code. The ease of use and accessibility, with Schematyc 2.0 and better documentation is something that is being worked on, but we don't know when they'll be released/finished.

Lastly, and this is for 5.4 specifically, I've run into many infuriating bugs that don't seem like they'll be fixed until 5.5 at least. I can't rename a group without the editor crashing, so instead I've got a bunch of groups named Group-##. If you want to work with Particle Attributes, they do work, but they're buggy in-editor. Undo and Redo keyboard shortcuts mysteriously do not work most of the time, as do clicking on the save button in the particle editor. I've not used the current version of UE4, but I can't say I've ever run into this many bugs & crashes with any other program.

I hate to harp on it, but that's my experience with the current version of cryengine (5.4). I think it's still worth it to download it and look into it, but if you want to make a game with it by yourself, I do not recommend it at this time. Maybe whenever 5.6 comes out, with presumably Schematyc 2.0, much better documentation, and many of the bugs ironed out.

I'm a new user, but here's is my thought
What are the real advantages of CE over Unreal???
To me, it's the pay-what-you-want model, I like freedom.
Nah, not anymore - you need to pay 5% of royalties from your gross profit now.
I don't see many games made with it other than FPS, why??
It's just because the developer want to make First person shooter, you can find a game in third person like: Ryse son of Rome. But I guess CryEngine draw more attention of FPS game developers because the graphic of the Engine is so beautiful. Now you can easily create a third person game with CryEngine third person template project.
Nah, lots of FPS games are due to GameSDK which is like FPS ready to use.
I used it once, and it looked extremely not user friendly...
Agree, but I see that Crytek is putting a lot of effort to improve the user friendly. I believe soon CryEngine will be easier to use.
I know that the engine itself don't create anything, but I'm don't like how things work in Unreal. I want to try a new engine, and one that I can to code in C#...
C# is in an early stage of development imo, but go for it, you'll have to try it for yourself.

It was interesting until they announced 5% royalty fee.

Suddenly I have no interest anymore, for that fee I can just keep on using Unreal Engine which supports more platforms while I already have extensive experience with.

If SVOGI isn't a must have for the project I can't see why to use CryEngine anymore...
Lumberyard is totally free if you avoid to use AWS online features.

It was interesting until they announced 5% royalty fee.

Suddenly I have no interest anymore, for that fee I can just keep on using Unreal Engine which supports more platforms while I already have extensive experience with.

If SVOGI isn't a must have for the project I can't see why to use CryEngine anymore...
Lumberyard is totally free if you avoid to use AWS online features.
Do not be so naive.. If you make a game at a Lumberyard, the Amazon will find a way to get money out of you.

And how do you like? Just take and make free games and get paid? The engine also needs to be developed and it also requires money. If you are not willing to pay for quality, then perhaps this is really not your product. Alas
Developer from Russia. Lessons on Schematic and more: https://www.youtube.com/c/PODOBI4

For 5% it's an entire different game.
I didn't see CryTek justify that price yet; if you like it, then that's on you... For 5% I have Unreal.

If they believe the engine is strong enough of a market presence to compete with Unreal's 5% I am very curious to know why CryTek believe on that.