Generate/repair metadata CRASH

Hi,
Every time I generate/repair all metadata from the Asset Browser, the editor shows a lot of errors and then it crashes.
I have all the folders unzipped (not in *.pak) and I'm using a lot of crytek free assets( Sample project , ryse, etc ) + my assets.
Here are some of the errors in the console:

[Error] RC: Can't rename 'O:\CryengineV\CRYENGINE Launcher\Crytek\TLOP2_1\GameSDK\GameSDK\scripts\AI\Behaviors\VEHICLES\BlackopsHeli/HeliIdle.lua.cryasset.$tmp$' to 'O:\CryengineV\CRYENGINE Launcher\Crytek\TLOP2_1\GameSDK\GameSDK\scripts\AI\Behaviors\VEHICLES\BlackopsHeli/HeliIdle.lua.cryasset'. Error code: Accesso negato.
[Error] RC: .
[Error] RC: Can't write metadata file 'O:\CryengineV\CRYENGINE Launcher\Crytek\TLOP2_1\GameSDK\GameSDK\scripts\AI\Behaviors\VEHICLES\BlackopsHeli/HeliIdle.lua.cryasset'
[Error] RC: Failed to convert file O:\CryengineV\CRYENGINE Launcher\Crytek\TLOP2_1\GameSDK\GameSDK\scripts\AI\Behaviors\VEHICLES\BlackopsHeli\HeliIdle.lua
[Error] RC: Can't rename 'O:\CryengineV\CRYENGINE Launcher\Crytek\TLOP2_1\GameSDK\GameSDK\libs\EquipmentPacks/AI_Pistol.xml.cryasset.$tmp$' to 'O:\CryengineV\CRYENGINE Launcher\Crytek\TLOP2_1\GameSDK\GameSDK\libs\EquipmentPacks/AI_Pistol.xml.cryasset'. Error code: Accesso negato.
[Error] RC: .
[Error] RC: Can't write metadata file 'O:\CryengineV\CRYENGINE Launcher\Crytek\TLOP2_1\GameSDK\GameSDK\libs\EquipmentPacks/AI_Pistol.xml.cryasset'
[Error] RC: Failed to convert file O:\CryengineV\CRYENGINE Launcher\Crytek\TLOP2_1\GameSDK\GameSDK\libs\EquipmentPacks\AI_Pistol.xml
[Warning] CAssetManager::CAssetFileMonitor::LoadAsset: Cannot load asset 'libs/EquipmentPacks/Mission_Forest.xml.cryasset'.
[Warning] CAssetManager::CAssetFileMonitor::LoadAsset: Cannot load asset 'libs/Particles/explosions.xml.cryasset'.

Is there a solution?
Thanks

Re: Generate/repair metadata CRASH

It looks like it has trouble writing the files. You can try running the Sandbox as administrator, or double check if you have writing/modifying rights for that folder.
Thanks for the fast response.
I'm using an Administrator account. The Launcher and the project are in a secondary HD on the same pc. Maybe the launcher have to be installed on the primary drive (C:) ?

However I've tried to launch the sandbox.exe as administrator, but it says "please use a .cryproject file". So how can I run the editor as administrator?
Sorry for the silly question

You can also try to gain ownership of the folder of your project.

If you are unsure how to do this check this link for instructions;
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/win ... 70290efeed

You cannot run sandbox directly, you need to set the compatibility options in the Sandbox.exe properties dialog to Start with administrator privileges. You may need to first click "Change settings for all users".
Uniflare
CRYENGINE Technical Community Manager
Here to help the community and social channels grow and thrive.

My personal belongings;
Beginner Guides | My GitHub | Splash Plugin

You can also try to gain ownership of the folder of your project.

If you are unsure how to do this check this link for instructions;
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/win ... 70290efeed

You cannot run sandbox directly, you need to set the compatibility options in the Sandbox.exe properties dialog to Start with administrator privileges. You may need to first click "Change settings for all users".
I've done all the things you said but it is happening again.
Do you think that is related to ownership rights/administrator even if I can create new levels/change materials/import objects etc without problems? It seems strange because I'm the administrator and the only user so all the folders/files in the pc are mine.
Is there other things I can try?

---UPDATE---
I've discovered this:
the errors appears if I rebuild the metadata when some .cryasset files was created before.
For example I'm using the Cryengine" SDK sample Project" that contains the .cryasset files and if I rebuild the metadata I receive the errors.
If I delete all the .cryasset files from my project, the rebuild metadata process works fine with no errors. However if I rebuild again, lots of errors appears and the editor crashes.

Am I the only one with this problem?

Interesting, I assume you have unpacked all of the .pak files from the GameSDK (Assets) folder?
Yes the files are all unpacked, and then I've deleted the paks.
I'm testing this with the SDK sample project and nothing else (to avoid conflict or other problems) : I've copied the SDK sample project folder to my system drive C.
Then I've imported the project with the launcher and tested with .cryassets files and without them.

I can only reproduce the access denied errors if the Assets folder is marked as read-only.
If you untick read-only in the properties of the asset folder and mark "all sub folders and files", then try to regenerate meta data with .cryasset files already in place.
It is noticed though with the GameSDK assets, doing this also stalls the editor for a while as it regenerates/checks the .cryasset files.
Uniflare
CRYENGINE Technical Community Manager
Here to help the community and social channels grow and thrive.

My personal belongings;
Beginner Guides | My GitHub | Splash Plugin

Thank you for your help.
However I'm trying to solve this for days without succes.
I've installed CE5 on a new computer and tried the same thing. I've got the same errors even if they are less.
It seems a editor bug, because all the other things works well ( I can create/modify/delete files with the asset browser without problems).
The errors appears only with regenerate metadata.
Moreover a lot of cryengine instances appears in my task bar.

PS: I'd like to post an image as attachment here in the thread but I'm not able to do it. If I click under "status" I get this error: "Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached."