Re: BCry Materials not showing up in Cryengine

so i tried doing what you instructed, and my jpg image files are not showing up when i try to assign them in the FBX importer tool.
i have already tried jpg and tiff files, and i'm wondering if theres anything else i should try?

if not, i'm going to try BCRY exporter again and wait until i figure that out.
i don't know why nobody has a video or a least a documentary showing what to do!

if you know how to work any of these tools, can you please give me step by step screen shots?
if not, i guess i'll have to quit cryengine all because of an obstacle that got in my way after 1 year of working!

You assign your jpg material to the diffuse slot of the material you generated in the FBX Import tool.

Generally:
1. Go to FBX Importer -> Import Mesh
2. Select your FBX model and click Import
3. Click the material tab then choose "Generate Material"
4. Choose a location and name then save the material
5. Next to the material input box, click the pen & paper style icon, this should open the material editor
6. click the 3 dots ( ... ) to choose a new texture for the Diffuse Map
7. In the Select Texture dialog click File->Import, and select your jpg texture
8. Select a location to save the converted texture to, and click Import.
9. Back in the Select Texture dialog you should now be able to find your newly converted texture, select it.

Your material should now show your selected texture, and you can also save your CGF by going to File->Save As in the FBX Import tool.
Uniflare
CRYENGINE Technical Community Manager
Here to help the community and social channels grow and thrive.

My personal belongings;
Beginner Guides | My GitHub | Splash Plugin

[quote="Cry-Flare"]You assign your jpg material to the diffuse slot of the material you generated in the FBX Import tool.

Thank you so much man!

at first i didn't understand what you were saying, but this message did the trick!
i was going to start using unreal engine 4 (because it's import fbx option is not as confusing), but that
engine runs kinda slow, so now I'll be using both and see which one i like better!

thanks a million!
5 star rating on you for patience with questions and perseverance on the customers!

thanks Cry-flare
-Joe

CRYENGINE uses a PBR workflow. So the Occlusion map should not be necessary. Though you can bake it into the diffuse etc.

If you really want to add a little ao detail (for example in a fixed light scene), some suggestions on the best method are in this topic:
https://www.cryengine.com/community_arc ... 1&t=126737

For learning more about the PBR workflow in CRYENGINE:
http://docs.cryengine.com/display/SDKDO ... ed+Shading

The normal map can go in the texture map slot labeled bumpmap iirc.
Uniflare
CRYENGINE Technical Community Manager
Here to help the community and social channels grow and thrive.

My personal belongings;
Beginner Guides | My GitHub | Splash Plugin