Re: Cryengine 3 complete projects

Leandro173 wrote:Cry Engine 5 is death bro I couldn't even find good books about it all I have is about the 3 so im stucked and my AI won't even move to a spot man

Really. Yes, I admit there are some issues with it as with animated textures, volumetric clouds flickering and so on, but I don't see it as dead.
I'm working on the project around 4 months now and everything is goes pretty quickly.
Re AI movements - really? Did you try paths? I'd recommend searching youtube for some tutorials for more info rather than buying books. Good books - I don't think you will ever learn anything from basics in the books. I can tell from webdev experience - situation with game dev seems to be very similar.

I think CE 5 supposed to be refreshment and different direction. Well, perhaps I didn't get too far yet, but have no problems with missions, AIs and so on.

SaifeddineMn - Re missions - well, why dont you check Woodland (GameSDK) demo - it has mission in it. See how they are done. In regards to multiple levels - what exactly you want to achieve. It all depends on your skills. Even flowgraph allows you to achieve pretty nice things. I'm using it for lighter logic though... I'd recommend documentation http://docs.cryengine.com/display/CEMANUAL/Flow+Graph

Good luck with your project.

I have learned a lot from the books but it seems that I ended trying to figure it out how to make it work than actually making my game.

I love the engine but is just that.

I have checked that bro but when some stuff still fails like kill count but I solved my AI problems wiht AI:SequenceStart it seems that it used
to be a lot more simplers that's the only problem with this version that you cannot follow what a book is trying to teach you and I'm
pretty young and of course videos teach for some is better but is not that deep or ilustrated as I would like it to be bro.

Leandro173 wrote:I have checked that bro but when some stuff still fails like kill count but I solved my AI problems wiht AI:SequenceStart it seems that it used
to be a lot more simplers that's the only problem with this version that you cannot follow what a book is trying to teach you and I'm
pretty young and of course videos teach for some is better but is not that deep or ilustrated as I would like it to be bro.

Don't get me wrong, I totally agree with you that all is not straightforward as we all would like it to be. I've been there too when I had to recreate 2 months work as things got messed up so badly that there was no point to trying to fix them. Saying that it looks like it's more about problem solving really. I guess I learned that working in web dev for years, books won't teach you much more beyond fundamentals and jumpsart. From video tutorials however I guess you can grab the logic and try to sort of reverse engineer stuff and find your way. It doesn't have to be necessarily exact the same thing but small bits can show you different ways in approaching your ways.

To be honest, I find CE tutorials (official) very useful yet basic, so I would search for real game projects. Also it's sad to say but there are not so many English tuts out there, so I dived into Russian language ones (luckily for me I have basic understanding).. Some Russians / Ukrainian folks are pretty good there :) I've tried to make some tutorials myself to share something with community but I ended up covering only beginning as I got stuck with the actual game projects.. Planning to do more in the future, but I would like them to be more in depth so I guess I need to finish the basics. Of course saying that no one will sell out all the knowledge they have learned the hard way.. also because it is too much knowledge to cover in video tutorials.

Anyway, like I said hope you don't get discouraged by little obstacles :) I wish you all the best. Personally I find it as motivation for myself, as I am working alone on my game and it gives me a boost when I see individuals doing great things.

That being said, my post ended being up useless really, haha :) at least from substantive point of view :)