Problems creating Touchbending with FBX IMPORTER PLS Help CRYTEK

K-20171203-057277.jpg
K-20171203-057277.jpg (156.63 KiB) Viewed 452 times

I have commented on the issue of making plants with the FBX Importer several times.
But nobody can tell me how to solve it. What is Cryengine alive?
I am now patiently depressed. Why does not it solve even this simple part? What is the purpose of the FBX Importer?
Other game engines can enter everything in one FBX file.
I do not want to use plugins anymore in DCC tools.

I made the plants according to the manual and succeeded to DetailBending.
I know that to activate TouchBending I need to create a detection box and attribute the material to No-Collide.
But in the game, TouchBending is not activated like the left plant.

Re: Problems creating Touchbending with FBX IMPORTER PLS Help CRYTEK

So why is the FBX Importer with a physicalization option? The Exporter function of the DCC tool and the FBX Importer options are identical (None, No-collide, Obstruct, Proxy, etc.)
And I have already made a detailbending plant through the FBX Importer.
So is not Touchbending the same thing?
The FBX Importer must provide functionality for creating all Assets. The DCC EXporter was essential before the introduction of the FBX Importer. Is not this tool to replace the uncomfortable Exporter? Why is this added? Please consider developers seriously about this issue. If the FBX Importer is obsolete, it should not have been introduced at all.

Re: Problems creating Touchbending with FBX IMPORTER PLS Help CRYTEK

tacihon wrote:So why is the FBX Importer with a physicalization option? The Exporter function of the DCC tool and the FBX Importer options are identical (None, No-collide, Obstruct, Proxy, etc.)
And I have already made a detailbending plant through the FBX Importer.
So is not Touchbending the same thing?
The FBX Importer must provide functionality for creating all Assets. The DCC EXporter was essential before the introduction of the FBX Importer. Is not this tool to replace the uncomfortable Exporter? Why is this added? Please consider developers seriously about this issue. If the FBX Importer is obsolete, it should not have been introduced at all.

Hello Tacihon,

The FBX Exporter has the physicalization for the materials exposed in the dropdowns. Regarding touchbending we are actively looking to extend the FBX Importer to support this once the asset pipeline overall has been refined. It will come but takes time for it to cover all of the specific usecases you would find directly inside the GameSDK. The FBX Importer was created to bring the price-point down to something suitable outside of Autodesk products. In the realm of development you have to tackle numerous tasks on certain resources and on the other end you may have certain blockers on the editor/engine code end that keeps one from completing the task. The term of the FBX Importer being obsolete is somewhat baffling since you can't drag and drop things into the Editor directly using the other plugins and you certainly could not do it for free. So there are benefits from both sides, but don't think we are not intent on replacing the plugins with a full feature FBX Importer. This is a clear intention to all engineers and Crytek artists involved.

Thanks

Collin