crytek not releasing schematyc, not surprised, whats everyones opinion?

seems like they never deliver, they mise well just advertise for advance developers only, schematyc would of been a game changer, they never fail to disappoint.

Crytek seems to only care about features that big company's want and 0% about what community they have left or features that would help the little guy and only how good they can look when it comes to publicity and not what could make them more popular with the community and help bring more of a community back to cryengine, looks like they will never be as popular with non programmers as they were when the flow graph came about.

guess i will have to check out unreal and see if i can figure out there blueprints
AMD RYZEN 5 2600 OC 4.2, ASROCK 570 PHANTOM D GAMING OC 1325

Re: crytek not releasing schematyc, not surprised, whats everyones opinion?

Yes spring 2020 was not met as it was delayed. Thats development, allocation of resources while trying to develop several games at the same time. Corona hit, people worked from home, changes had to happen. I believe the delay might be a good thing, ensuring stability giving them several months of extra development time. I want Visual Scripting to be feature rich, i want the raytracing part to work great too.

covid 19 should not have pushed development back an entire year , from the US and most of places in this country are going back to normal they should be only a bit behind, if they were working from home still.

Yes spring 2020 was not met as it was delayed. Thats development, allocation of resources while trying to develop several games at the same time. Corona hit, people worked from home, changes had to happen. I believe the delay might be a good thing, ensuring stability giving them several months of extra development time. I want Visual Scripting to be feature rich, i want the raytracing part to work great too.

Dont forget they have multiple games in development too. That takes a strain on resources at offices. Im sure there are multiple reasons for the delay.
Crytek should really decide if they want to make games or sell an engine.
It's fine either way just stop teasing us pls.

Or at least an update would be nice, like hey guys we not gonna make it to 5.7, sry. If it's pushed back a year they knew this a long time ago.
Anyway, I hope the CryTeam is ok and wish them the best of but I'm better of implementing my own raytracing lol.

It is the main reason i feel upset that they probably should have known or had some idea that they were not ready to release the next build and waited this long for a roadmap update instead of at least saying due to the following reasons we are not going to be able to release 5.7, and features on 7.7 road map.

Dont forget they have multiple games in development too. That takes a strain on resources at offices. Im sure there are multiple reasons for the delay.
Crytek should really decide if they want to make games or sell an engine.
It's fine either way just stop teasing us pls.

Or at least an update would be nice, like hey guys we not gonna make it to 5.7, sry. If it's pushed back a year they knew this a long time ago.
Anyway, I hope the CryTeam is ok and wish them the best of but I'm better of implementing my own raytracing lol.