Re: WW1 first person shooter

Do you have any experience at all or just have ideas for the game? Have you started with the game yet? Do you have a deadline in mind? Please tell us a little about your team you have so far.
1. This is just an idea i have in mind
2. Nope this is from scratch
3. in late 2018
4. I am currently hiring people willing to spend free time on the project

Also, you do know that Battlefield 1 is based on WWI ? It would be very tough to compete with that with the credits of that team lasting over 17 minutes on youtube. Although, Cryengine's scenery would look good , you would be competing against the Frostbite Engine with it's crazy destruction. Anyways, I am just brainstorming here and pointing out the obvious. I say if you have a dream GO FOR IT ! Rock out an awesome game. I do not know your thoughts on where you want your game to go anyways.

Also, you do know that Battlefield 1 is based on WWI ? It would be very tough to compete with that with the credits of that team lasting over 17 minutes on youtube. Although, Cryengine's scenery would look good , you would be competing against the Frostbite Engine with it's crazy destruction. Anyways, I am just brainstorming here and pointing out the obvious. I say if you have a dream GO FOR IT ! Rock out an awesome game. I do not know your thoughts on where you want your game to go anyways.
Yes im aware that battlefield 1 is set in ww1 but it lacks historical accuracy with trench warfare

Wait... Do I get it right...
You are searching for skilled people, who work for free and by now you have... nothing :shock:

I really wish you luck for your project, but if you want to gather a skilled team, you need to have something. At least you should have a detailed script for your game, a detailed concept and a business plan, so that people can recognize some sort of value in working with you.
However, I hope that you'll be successful and wish you all the best.

- Jannis