Re: Migrate to template

Think he made something using gameSDK sample project and wants to migrate his stuff to a template system buddy. ;)

The templates have game SDK stripped out, it's bare bones so anything relying on the gameSDK will not work. The more the engine gets updated then the harder it will be to migrate over as more and moer gets removed.
Best to start a fresh project. You can import stuff over but will be a real pain in most cases, especially code wise, if it's anything specific then ask about how to get it transfered over.. Models/textures etc are not so bad.
Custom Assets https://www.cryengine.com/marketplace/p ... /962794121

Re: Migrate to template

Think he made something using gameSDK sample project and wants to migrate his stuff to a template system buddy. ;)
Lol of course, but why?
What would he/you hope to achieve from this? Limiting yourself to cryaction/common interfaces when you have a larger project in middle of development makes no sense to me.

IMO it would be easier to strip what he wants to the gamezero project. At least then he has less conversion and headaches. Even that though depending how far u are in development is probably pointless too.

Yes gamesdk is horrible to learn from or start a project with or extend. But if that is what he has already done then undoing all that work to do it again in a plugin confuses me.

Replace the animations and models in gamesdk so you can compile the dba for release and refactor the code if even necessary. would be my advice.
Uniflare
CRYENGINE Technical Community Manager
Here to help the community and social channels grow and thrive.

My personal belongings;
Beginner Guides | My GitHub | Splash Plugin