GPU = 100% [FIXED]

I know have low end system but the disparancy between GPU usage an how much CPU (cryengine proccess) is using is really one sided, no other app or game behaves this way.. this goes all way back since first release of CryV.. I remember back Eaas / ModSDK days the editor never had this problem.. I reckon tech team should try optimise the new CRYENGINE for low end systems wouldn't that get more people using it also?

Regards -
Last edited by calmdev on Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Assimilated Reality's

Re: GPU = 100% + CPU = 12 % max?

Remeber I made thread about same thing just after CryV first released, it may be well optimised im not disputing that, I'm saving for new PC so performance not be issue but this cpu issue has been remains Since the first release of CryV and like said No other app game behaves this way, frustrating since first release with this issue.

p.s nice see ya'll :3 forum looking greeat

Regards -
Assimilated Reality's

I dont understand your problem here its GOOD that it works this way. If its not using more cpu, it doesnt need more and it cant just magically take work from the gpu to the cpu.
CE even runs well on low end system (like my surface pro) but you cant expect new software to be optimized for hardware thtas potentially 10 years old.

May well be so But also I think this new CE is using far too much GPU time - I cannot watch a documentary in the 3rd monitor while using CE anymore because the video will play slow choppy.. how about if CE only used at MAX 90% GPU i mean its a window application not fulscreen why is CE using fully utiliizing the whole GPU 100% 99% when its a window application, surely it should leave some behind for windows to run efficently?

Regards -
Assimilated Reality's

Set a max fps amount. Engines are designed to take full advantage of the hardware, its good that they do.
So sys_max_fps=30 and sys_vsync=0 should help
Yeah that sounds like an idea i'll try although on my current setup only time I get over 30 fps is on empty map, I'll give it a shot but don't think it will work since 100% 99 % GPU even when my fps is well below 30.

Regards -
Assimilated Reality's

Set a max fps amount. Engines are designed to take full advantage of the hardware, its good that they do.
So sys_max_fps=30 and sys_vsync=0 should help
What Sunnlok said - the engine is going to use as much GPU as it can to render at Max FPS - if you want it to not work at full tilt, limit the FPS and you'll see the GPU usage % come down.

I know this was already explained but i found it very funny, with all respect, i come from a engine that is totally the contrary, uses more the CPU and less the GPU and everyone on it is working to transfer many of its functionality to the GPU, so yes is very good that Cryengine uses more the GPU than the CPU.