Is the roadmap being updated?

Hi,

I was just looking at the CryEngine roadmap here: https://www.cryengine.com/roadmap and noticed that it said July 2017 for 5.4 and "Late 2017" for 5.5, I'm assuming this means the date for previews to come out, so can we assume 5.5 preview 1 is coming out in the next few months?

Also, all things so far are set as "On Target", and with development, we all know there will be hiccups etc. so I'm worried that the roadmap is not being updated. I'm personally using it to be able to structure when I work on what part of my project to ensure each stage gets the newest features, and it's useful to all of us to see what the next advancements will be, so It'd be a shame if the roadmap was not used to its full potential.

Just wondering if it is still reflective of the current situation or not, essentially.

Re: Is the roadmap being updated?

the date on the roadmap does not means release date. given 5.4 delay 4 months or more, there is no guarenteen . so there will be more delay even anounced release date.

5.5 will be release at lease 7 months later after 5.4 release.
this is my guess.
Ah, okay, I thought that the entire point of the roadmap was for the devs to tell us how things were going and when something would be delayed...

Currently we will update the roadmap after 5.4 goes out but in terms of our ideal release planning it would remain as it says for 5.5. I kept the 5.4 one up there until we are out of Preview. Regarding the on time and other colors we had issues keeping them aligned so we culled back on features that were pushed and have focused on real roadmaps that align to the dev cycle we currently have.

Once the CMS supports the roadmap on our backend I expect more granular focus on the status of each individual feature. Possibly even giving you all day to day updates on the progress of specific features.

Currently we will update the roadmap after 5.4 goes out but in terms of our ideal release planning it would remain as it says for 5.5. I kept the 5.4 one up there until we are out of Preview. Regarding the on time and other colors we had issues keeping them aligned so we culled back on features that were pushed and have focused on real roadmaps that align to the dev cycle we currently have.

Once the CMS supports the roadmap on our backend I expect more granular focus on the status of each individual feature. Possibly even giving you all day to day updates on the progress of specific features.
Thanks a lot for the info!