Alternatives to Speedtree

Are there any alternatives to SpeedTree? What are people currently doing to make there trees and integrate them into the engine? I suppose you can simply model them in Zbrush/Max/Maya and import them into the engine. That isn't the fastest solution compared to SpeedTree though. Any other ideas?

Also, any tutorials available on how to properly integrate a tree into CE? I mean with wind effects and everything.

Re: Alternatives to Speedtree

Okay, I was under the impression that SpeedTree didn't work with CE. In there store I see options for Unity, UE4 and Lumberyard. Nothing for CE. I'm not sure you can use those versions for any other purpose. I mean if you could just export the FBX model, you could probably import it into CE, but I'm not sure that is within there terms of use.

Edit: Unless of course this link right here is what you want for CE use: http://www.speedtree.com/game-software-features.php

So I talked to SpeedTree sales team, and to use there non-engine specific version of the software it costs 15,000 USD (yikes!). Not sure what that would be in Euros, but you get the idea. I was also informed they are working on CryEngine specific integration code. Maybe that has to do with the roadmap? Not sure how it works. Hopefully they will offer a more affordable license fee when the time comes like they did for the other engines.

So I talked to SpeedTree sales team, and to use there non-engine specific version of the software it costs 15,000 USD (yikes!). Not sure what that would be in Euros, but you get the idea. I was also informed they are working on CryEngine specific integration code. Maybe that has to do with the roadmap? Not sure how it works. Hopefully they will offer a more affordable license fee when the time comes like they did for the other engines.
Sourcecode is fully available and Sandbox Editor sauce will come soon. So the SpeedTree guys can do their own integration if they wan't to.

Most likely it will either be SpeedTree 7 with $19 subscription like with Unity or UE4 or SpeedTree 8 like with Lumberyard, free but earn from asset pack sales on their Asset Store in CRY format. Either way it's a win-win for us :)

This is ofcourse my opinion and not the one of Crytek ...