CryEngine 64 Bit?

Hey Everyone,

I have noticed that Cryengine is running as a 32 Bit, and I wanted to know if there is any 64 Bit or plans for future ones? The Pros would be the more Allocated Ram towards the Editor while building...

~Finch

Re: CryEngine 64 Bit?

The Sandbox Editor is 64-bit only and has been for a very long time now. 32-bit support was cancelled since it made no sense to support it. Think there still is a 32-bit executable of the game launcher though but many developers choose not to support it, with good reason.

Not sure what build and engine version you are using?

That is just crytek choosing to install it to that folder. Maybe the launcher is 32bit, either way, makes no difference.
Editor is 64 bit.

Check in task manager (processes tab), if the image name (sandbox.exe) does not have a *32 next to its name, it is running as a 64bit executable.
Uniflare
CRYENGINE Technical Community Manager
Here to help the community and social channels grow and thrive.

My personal belongings;
Beginner Guides | My GitHub | Splash Plugin

That is just crytek choosing to install it to that folder. Maybe the launcher is 32bit, either way, makes no difference.
Editor is 64 bit.
Exactly. The launcher is a 32bit application and therefore defaults to the Program Files (x86) folder. The engine itself is download to a subfolder of the Launcher's install directory by default but you can change that in the settings if you want to have them in x64 Program Files folder (or anywhere else).