Next Crysis game... Galactic Crysis??? Star Citizen Competition?? I want it & I'll back it.

I think competition for Star Citizen would be good. The awesome scifi feel of Crysis is a good fit for me personally. I'm not sure if they still own the rights to the game, but it would be cool if Crytek built a similar game in the Crysis Universe. If they can't, maybe they can come up with something else.
I just feel like if they are successful with funding such a project, all of the engine development would benefit us as cryEngine devs. I've looked into lumberyard, and still prefer cryEngine. I would back the project. While Hunt looks very cool, I'd like them to push the boundaries with the engine, as they have done in the past. Also, a trading card game or dungeon keeper 2 clone (preferably both, with wolcen lords of mayhem graphics) would be cool.

Hey, I guess we can dream a little once in a while.

Re: Next Crysis game... Galactic Crysis??? Star Citizen Competition?? I want it & I'll back it.

I personally dislike stat citizen as it's probably never going to be finished, just seems like an expensive never ending demo at the moment + pay to win. (spend more to get best ship) which i despise, online only, f2p, mmo are a giant cancer of the gaming industry, the best games are single player and that's a fact. multiplayer is fun for a while, but when you can immersive yourself in a game without being bothered by idiots all around you, it's an amazing experience.

i'd rather see a new crysis game which goes to the home planet of the aliens to kick some ass + some more fighting amongst the ruins of earth cities.

Re: Next Crysis game... Galactic Crysis??? Star Citizen Competition?? I want it & I'll back it.

Where would they get finding for that and who would be crazy enough to fund it? Certainly not a publisher. They would have to crowdfund it and it would take them ages. So no, that won't work.

I'd rather have them do Crysis 4 but i don't see that happening anytime soon. It would be way too risky. Due to past pirating of the Crysis franchise and other factors.

Hunt, The Climb and Robinson are safer projects for them.

Edit : Also you'd have to be crazy in the head to dive into creating a Star Citizen type game.

lol, piracy wasn't the reason they stopped doing crysis games, going multiplatform annd consolfying the series was the reason, they thought they'd sell loads, catering to 3 platforms. but not making the games open like the first two was the reason for the poor sales, players didn't like the less open environments and the modding restrictions. crytek / ea were to blame, not pirates. now they only seem to do below average games which is a real shame as the only things worth playing now is the old games (farcry, crysis) and creating your own stuff on the editor.

VR is just an expensive gimmick and nothing special right now, most games offer very little freedom of movement, f2p warface online only is just a cod/bf clone and not very exciting to play.

Can't blame the lack of modding for poor sales only. The modding days are gone for Crysis. That won't happen again. Nor can Crytek ignore consoles and multiplatforms. One reason we havn't seen a new Crysis is the sheer costs related to it. It will simply be too expensive to do. And due to the poor previous sales it will be difficult to find a publisher who would be willing to pitch in.

The main reason(s) Crytek can't make another Crysis game is because Electronic Arts currently owns the IP rights (at least I think they do) and the last game (Crysis 3) failed to meet sales expectations (which the higher ups at Crytek and EA at least partially blamed on piracy. I personally think the effect piracy had on the sales was exaggerated as the Crysis series always sold the best on PC). Even if Crytek did own the IP rights they lack the funds to not only develop the game but publish it as well (or at least it would be very risky for Crytek to do it by themselves). The only way another one could get made would be to either launch a kickstarter, EA to show interest once again, or for another big name publisher to scoop up the IP rights and fund the development.

A kickstarter would not generate enough funds to fully fund a new Crysis, so that is not an option.
Yeah you're right. Considering a lot of AAA game budgets nowadays are starting to rival some Hollywood blockbusters kickstarter wouldn't be viable option. The only hope for another Crysis game would be for EA to take interest in the series again or another big name publisher to scoop up the IP rights and fund the development as well as publish the game.

The only way another one could get made would be to either launch a kickstarter, EA to show interest once again, or for another big name publisher to scoop up the IP rights and fund the development.
Even if a kickstarter were to be funded, it would be very unlikely that EA would allow usage of the Crysis IP.
lol, piracy wasn't the reason they stopped doing crysis games, going multiplatform annd consolfying the series was the reason, they thought they'd sell loads, catering to 3 platforms. but not making the games open like the first two was the reason for the poor sales, players didn't like the less open environments and the modding restrictions.
Debatable, there's a lot of factors that go into those decisions, but ultimately the decision to continue the franchise rests with CryTek. As Lavizh said, the golden years of Crysis modding are long gone, and not coming back. The landscape today is far different than it was in 2007.

Totally agree with you guys. Given that AAA gaming budgets are now starting to compete with some Hollywood blockbusters, the kickstarter won’t be a good enough option. The only hope for another Crysis game will be that EA is again interested in a series or other well-known publisher to obtain intellectual property rights and to finance the development, as well as publish the game.