Re: Help while exporting game

D:/jk/gamesdk_release/
Is this a folder you created?
Have you got any other engine installed? (Github/previous launcher engine versions)

It seems your game launcher is getting extremely confused.
--

Tbh, I would reinstall, clear any cryengine entries from registry and reinstall the engine.
- I dont know why you dont get a Code folder and cryplugin.csv after creating a new project.
- I dont know why the release python script is not creating your system.cfg for you.

Perhaps if you go to the release_ce_project.py file, open a new command prompt in this folder (hold shift right click).
Manually launch the file by typing:

Code: Select all

release_ce_project.py "C:\Users\Michael\Documents\CRYENGINE Projects\Zeno\TheZenotekProject.cryproject"
Then print here the output of the console window that appears.
--

I mean tbh, without being there to troubleshoot this issue I can only suggest trying this on a fresh PC, these problems don't make sense to me I'm afraid, I feel information is missing.
Uniflare
CRYENGINE Technical Community Manager
Here to help the community and social channels grow and thrive.

My personal belongings;
Beginner Guides | My GitHub | Splash Plugin

Have you got any other engine installed? (Github/previous launcher engine versions)

--

Tbh, I would reinstall, clear any cryengine entries from registry and reinstall the engine.
- I dont know why you dont get a Code folder and cryplugin.csv after creating a new project.
- I dont know why the release python script is not creating your system.cfg for you.

Perhaps if you go to the release_ce_project.py file, open a new command prompt in this folder (hold shift right click).

release_ce_project.py "C:\Users\Michael\Documents\CRYENGINE Projects\Zeno\TheZenotekProject.cryproject"
--

I mean tbh, without being there to troubleshoot this issue I can only suggest trying this on a fresh PC, these problems don't make sense to me I'm afraid, I feel information is missing.
I have not made that folder
I'm reinstalling, here is the console window
Attachments
Screenshot (232).png
Screenshot (232).png (120.75 KiB) Viewed 2495 times

--

--

I reinstalled, still the same thing, I'm using the GameSDK project if that has anything to do with it.

--

--

Game.log
https://pastebin.com/MY6VFUXR
Error.log
https://pastebin.com/DsdT2vFy

From what I understand it fails to make the .pak files in the assets because it's unable to run shutil.make_archive. Is it possible that you're using an older version of Python? Make sure you have Python 2.7+ or 3.x installed (I usually use Python 3.5 for CRYENGINE related stuff). Another option is to install 7zip at "C:\Program Files\7-Zip", because release_ce_project.py will switch to 7zip if it is found at that location (which is usually faster than Python's make_archive).

edit: Just noticed that on the github page it's recommending Python 3.5 as well.

From what I understand it fails to make the .pak files in the assets because it's unable to run shutil.make_archive. Is it possible that you're using an older version of Python? Make sure you have Python 2.7+ or 3.x installed (I usually use Python 3.5 for CRYENGINE related stuff). Another option is to install 7zip at "C:\Program Files\7-Zip", because release_ce_project.py will switch to 7zip if it is found at that location (which is usually faster than Python's make_archive).

edit: Just noticed that on the github page it's recommending Python 3.5 as well.
It works! Thank you, Just one more question, how Do I get the Cryengine default menu in it, or is that impossible (It would be easier if I had a menu for right now)