cryengine5.6 low fps issue.

i find the fps is lower than old version(cryengine5.5) in the same level?
fps (cryengine5.5,woodland):about 220
fps (cryengine5.6,woodland):about 120
anyway i can increase fps????
fps_low1.PNG
fps_low1.PNG (2.56 MiB) Viewed 3489 times
fps_low2.PNG
fps_low2.PNG (2.8 MiB) Viewed 3489 times

Re: cryengine5.6 low fps issue.

Hi there,

This is difficult to determine the cause from pictures alone.
Perhaps the first thing to check would be the CVars. You can use the command:
DumpVars

This will dump all CVars to a text file called consolevars.txt, you can do so for both versions of the engine in the same level and compare them using a diff tool (such as Notepad++ Compare Tool).
This may give some insights into what is different and what you can do.
Uniflare
CRYENGINE Technical Community Manager
Here to help the community and social channels grow and thrive.

My personal belongings;
Beginner Guides | My GitHub | Splash Plugin

The CVar Dump is huge, about 450KB, comparing them in Notepad++ shows a lot of differences between them, i wouldn't know where to start trying to figure it all out......

Where is the CVar and can i just copy the one from 5.5.2 to 5.6.1 to see if that fixes the performance issue?

5.5.2 CVar Dump attached, the one from 5.6.1 is in the now closed thread.
Attachments
consolevars 552.zip
(95.95 KiB) Downloaded 24 times

They are both High Spec, The only difference between my two videos is the engine version.

5.5: 80 FPS
5.6 10 FPS. and look at the CPU usage in the 5.6 version, its about 90% across 12 threads.

Something in 5.6 is not right, those videos are just an example, if i make a brand new level in 5.6 with just a spawnpoint and nothing else the FPS are about 20 compared to well over 100 in 5.5.

@ noise what sort of FPS are you getting in 5.6 Woodland? what CPU / GPU are you running? i'm just wondering if there is a hardware comicality, perhaps something in the code doesn't like Ryzen 3000 series CPU's, who knows they have only been out a few weeks.