Is my vegetation optimized?

Can't navigate my camera (pan, etc.) in the editor view-port while level designing, esp. if i have the vegetation (display) turned on. The editor goes into a "not-responding" mode or just crashes and even corrupts the level at times. Seems to work only with the vegetation turned off and with that i tend to loose all the context while designing the environment. Is it just that my vegetation's not optimized? Am using the default vegetation shipped free with the engine. As per an optimized workflow, have the vegetation all instanced, sprites are checked on, view distance ratio is set to 100, etc., but doesn't help a bit! Am i going wrong somewhere with my vegetation? Didn't have the same issue in previous versions as i recollect and makes me feel as though it's a bug or the levels are getting corrupted with every crash, etc.

I am using Windows 10 Home which is updated and so is my Nvidia hardware.

My specs:
Intel core i7-6400HQ @ 2.60 GHz
32 GB RAM
Nvidia GeForce GTX 960M

Re: Is my vegetation optimized?

I was using an AMD Phenom II 955BE and an AMD R7 240 2GB to develop before I upgraded this Christmas past. I never had the issues you're describing and that was a lesser system. What version of CE are you using? How many vegetation objects are we talking about? Are you using the CE vegetation distribution method or painting your vegetation? I'll do my best to help but I need to know these things. I also would suggest you use the export to engine and load your level in the engine instead of the editor to see if there is a noticeable difference in FPS. Also, try to launch in Vulkan. Vulkan is very hardware agnostic and using it can result in big frame rate increases. Best of Luck!