Disable Further Updates

Hi,

I have done a search and couldn't find this raised anyway so apologies if it has been mentioned elsewhere.

We need to install CryEngine in our environment, the Launcher is 1.10.0 and upon launching presents a notification indicating that 1.10.1 is available.

Now, our users wont be able to update the software. From the Updates notification You can either Update or Close the application.

Whilst I could deploy 1.10.1, how do I disable updates for further versions as they become available?

Re: Disable Further Updates

you can use the it with out the launcher by obtaining it from gethub

Hi,

I have done a search and couldn't find this raised anyway so apologies if it has been mentioned elsewhere.

We need to install CryEngine in our environment, the Launcher is 1.10.0 and upon launching presents a notification indicating that 1.10.1 is available.

Now, our users wont be able to update the software. From the Updates notification You can either Update or Close the application.

Whilst I could deploy 1.10.1, how do I disable updates for further versions as they become available?

Any advice on what exactly to do with those files?

Downloaded the zip file and extracted to a test machine. Ran download_sdks.exe to install SDKs

No idea what to do next.

Alternatively if anyone does know a way to disable updates from the Launcher via files, registry or switches, that would be greatly appreciated. I have emailed the company and they haven't replied.

You can simply copy the CRYENGINE installation from the original launcher directory.
Of course, you will need to do everything manually then as you will lose the benefits of the launcher.

Using the launcher requires signing in at least once.
Updates should only be suggested if the user is connected to the internet.
Launcher updates are backwards compatible.

Currently there is no way to disable the update check.
This would mean, you would either:

1. Block access to the internet for the application (Firewall).
2. Copy, start and maintain CRYENGINE manually.

For 2 this would including copying the templates you wish to start with, if the launcher has never been installed, you will not get any context options in Windows Explorer. (Generating Solution for example).
I would highly recommend simply blocking access to the internet for the application once it has been installed the first time. Although this will of course prevent users from downloading new marketplace assets.

The Ideal scenario, is to keep the software updated.

Hope this helps, if you have any more questions don't hesitate to ask.
Uniflare
CRYENGINE Technical Community Manager
Here to help the community and social channels grow and thrive.

My personal belongings;
Beginner Guides | My GitHub | Splash Plugin