Terrain Texture View Distance Problem

Hi everyone. I have asked this question in CryEngine First Aid Board but unfortunately I couldn't get an answer so I want to try here. I have created a 1024 x 1024 meters terrain with a 1024 x 1024 heightmap on it ( since it wasn't allowing me to use a 1k or 2k .pgm heightmap with a 512 x 512 meters terrain- cause I would have chosen the smaller one) . Then I created a simple grass material and flooded the terrain with it . The problem is , when I zoom out to see the whole extent of the island, the far parts of it looks blank ( no texture) or has a greatly scaled up diffuse map if there is one chosen for the terrain paint layer. I tried to play with ''Detail Layers View Distance Ratio'' slider and adjusting ''e_TerrainDetailMaterialsViewDist'' variables, making them as high as 8192, but I found no success at solving the problem. Is there any other way to fix this?
terrain2.jpg
terrain2.jpg (366.12 KiB) Viewed 336 times
terrain.jpg
terrain.jpg (382.82 KiB) Viewed 336 times

Re: Terrain Texture View Distance Problem

Hi everyone. I have asked this question in CryEngine First Aid Board but unfortunately I couldn't get an answer so I want to try here. I have created a 1024 x 1024 meters terrain with a 1024 x 1024 heightmap on it ( since it wasn't allowing me to use a 1k or 2k .pgm heightmap with a 512 x 512 meters terrain- cause I would have chosen the smaller one) . Then I created a simple grass material and flooded the terrain with it . The problem is , when I zoom out to see the whole extent of the island, the far parts of it looks blank ( no texture) or has a greatly scaled up diffuse map if there is one chosen for the terrain paint layer. I tried to play with ''Detail Layers View Distance Ratio'' slider and adjusting ''e_TerrainDetailMaterialsViewDist'' variables, making them as high as 8192, but I found no success at solving the problem. Is there any other way to fix this?
terrain2.jpg
terrain.jpg
try take a look there https://www.cryengine.com/community_arc ... 1&t=135746