Re: C 5.5 vegetation popping in and out.

Hi guys, i have this strange issue demonstrated in the video below, see how the tress are popping in and out? each tree is between 100K and 300K Polygons, surely that can't be too high?
I have used higher polygon objects than that in C3 and it was fine,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAqg851 ... e=youtu.be
Hello .
I have a question.
Your terrain is very interesting.
How did you create?
Use World Machine software for create a height map and import it to terrain editor and then you will get a terrain like in the video.Also you can use terrain editor tools for do that.
Vishwajith Weerasinghe

Yes, this is a serious bug! How such a log in the eye could be missed. Maybe on different PC this problem does not occur? It is not possible to work in 5.5, it is not known when the next fix will be, and whether this bug will be fixed at all
Did you try this on game launcher?Try to export the level to the game and try it if this occurs again?In my case it is not a big problem.because it is a game.just take it easy :P
Vishwajith Weerasinghe

Yes, this is a serious bug! How such a log in the eye could be missed. Maybe on different PC this problem does not occur? It is not possible to work in 5.5, it is not known when the next fix will be, and whether this bug will be fixed at all
Did you try this on game launcher?Try to export the level to the game and try it if this occurs again?In my case it is not a big problem.because it is a game.just take it easy :P
Both the editor and the launcher are the same, it just infuriates that this is such an obvious bug, and they missed it. Given that Crytek is working on a game in which there is a lot of vegetation, it becomes clear that the studio has 2 engine versions. That trash we work with! And the one with whom Crytek works, which is where 90% of all resources go.

Please keep it calm noise. We appreciate the feedback but there are rules on this forum that you must adhere to. Please try to be more constructive rather than offensive.

Hunt: Showdown integrates the current engine every so often. Being a specific game they will always have some extra game-specific features, any fix that belongs in the engine will go into the engine and then be moved to Hunt. If you have found a bug make sure to report this on the GitHub issues tracker and our QA team can verify the issue is still present on our latest builds and assign developers to investigate the problem.

I see this has already been reported on GitHub and will therefor (if it hasn't already) be checked and verified :). So thank you for reporting this, any other issues however minor please be sure to let us know. Sometimes the workflow can differ from internal and external teams which can be a reason why we miss some things that the community finds. This is the reason we have the issue reporter as it helps us identify issues we are not producing on our side and helps stabilize the engine as a whole.

Thanks!
Uniflare
CRYENGINE Community Coordinator
Here to help the community and social channels grow and thrive.

My personal belongings;
Beginner Guides | My GitHub | Splash Plugin